« Job Opportunity at the University of Minnesota: Liaison & Outreach Librarian, Health Sciences Libraries | Main | Virtual Book Collection Question for Group »

AHIP Credentialing Update

MLA's AHIP Credentialing Committee (CC) has completed its annual report for 2007 - 2008. As your AHIP representative to Midwest Chapter/MLA I wanted to bring a few highlights to your attention.

* A newly designed online portfolio and online Point Index is available. Check out the www.mlanet.org web site for a preview.
* The option to have Doody librarian selector work used for AHIP points was added to the Credentialing Meeting in Chicago. They were unable to conclude the work necessary to vote this into effect, but are hoping the final vote will come in Chicago. I had personally made recommendations for this and worked on a subcommittee to advocate for librarian selectors who worked on the Doody's Core Titles project. I'm confident the decision will be positive.
* 135 portfolios were reviewed successfully for AHIP members at the same level or higher. In addition, there were 18 new Provisional members for 2007.
* Check the MLA News April edition for a couple of published articles on changes made based on an Academy nationwide survey.
* Those who work on Web Sites, Mailing Lists, and Listservs will receive AHIP points. More information is available on www.mlanet.org
* In the future you will be able to renew at the same level with a credit card with no additional paperwork. This will happen after MLA purchases a new membership database system and after the Credentialing Committee implements a renewal system.
* The Academy has heard a strong voice from members that they would like a secure online application. I hope the CC will find a way to implement this long-needed feature. For those who are attending the Chicago meeting I encourage you to speak to Academy staff and/or the Credentialing Committee members to express your concerns.

I hope this update has been helpful.

AHIP Liaison to Midwest Chapter
Sharon Kambeitz-Lumphrey, MLIS, AHIP
Allina Hospitals & Clinics
800 East 28th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55407
Phone: 612-863-9060 Fax: 612-863-5695
Email: sharon.kambeitz@allina.com