From the GMR: GMR Sponsorship of MLA Webcast Sites
Hello HSLM members! Please see the announcement below about the MLA Webcast on library services during disasters on 11/12/08. The GMR will pay for 2 sites in MN to host the webcast, so start thinking about if you'd like to host the webcast at your institution. We like to do one in the Twin Cites and one in greater MN, so if you're interested in being a site, please let me know and I'll pass the info along to the HSLM board. The deadline to apply is 10/3/08, so please express interest soon!
It's that time again! The GMR will sponsor a number of MLA Webcast sites throughout the region for:
Survival Tips and Stories: Expanding the Library's Services in Times of Disaster on November 12, 2008.
Information on how your library can become a GMR Sponsored webcast site is available at:
http://nnlm.gov/gmr/funding/mlawebcast.html and is included below.
The GMR will be sponsoring the registration costs for up to two (2) sites per state in the region for this webcast. You can find more information on this event by visiting: http://www.mlanet.org/education/distance_ed/disaster/
Because of the limited number of sites we can sponsor, we encourage you to work with your state and local health science librarian groups to identify centralized locations.
To submit your request to be a sponsored site:
1. A pdf version of the registration form may be found at: http://www.mlanet.org/pdf/ce/dp_site_reg.pdf
2. Complete the form, but do not include purchase order or credit card information; no payment is required.
3. Do not send the form to MLA. Instead, fax the completed form to:
GMR Information Service Supervisor
4. IMPORTANT: Along with your fax, please describe how many attendees you expect to draw at your location and how you plan to promote this webcast to those in your area. You may write this information on the form, a cover sheet or include it in the email.
5. After faxing the registration, please email Holly Burt at email@example.com to let us know it is on the way and to verify your email address. If there additional contacts for your webcast site (e.g. a co-coordinator), please include their email address(es) in your message. Finally, if the site location differs from the sponsoring institution, note how your information should be listed on our webpage (see GMR Sponsored Webcast Sites at http://nnlm.gov/gmr/funding/mlawebcastsites.html).
6. The deadline to submit registration and information to the GMR is Friday, October 3, 2008.
For more information, call 1-800-338-7657 and press one (1) for the Regional Network Office or in the Chicago metro area 312-996-2464 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection Process: Site selection will be based on geographical location, accessibility, and potential number of attendees. Up to two (2) sites per state will be funded. Selections will be made by Thursday, October 9, 2008, and all submitters will be informed of the GMR's decisions. Please note that the GMR will be covering the costs for Site Participation only, not Individual Participation.
Site coordinators will receive one (1) activity point applicable to their Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP) membership.
If you have any questions, please contact Holly Ann Burt, Outreach and Exhibits Coordinator at 1-800-338-7657 and press one (1) for the Regional Network Office or in the Chicago metro area 312-996-2464.
Holly Ann Burt, MLIS
Outreach and Exhibits Coordinator
NN/LM-Greater Midwest Region
1750 W. Polk St. M/C 763
Chicago, IL 60612-4330
phone: 800-338-7657 (in the Region) or 312-996-2464