« Canadian Health Libraries Association Meeting | Main | The deadline to apply for GMR sponsorship of MLA webcast is next Friday! »

Update: My Health Minnesota à Electronic Health Library (eHL)

Hello HSLM Members,

I am writing to update you on the progress of the My Health Minnesota à Electronic Health Library (eHL) project. I am happy to report that with Erinn Aspinall's leadership and assistance by Mary Parker and Rita Baladad at MINITEX and Katherine Chew on my staff, we have completed the feasibility study and are taking initial steps towards project implementation, with an estimated launch date in Summer 2009.

Based on a Request for Information issued to select vendors, we have determined the dollar amount that will be necessary to initiate the eHL as a two-year pilot project. It is not inconsequential as you can imagine, so I am working with Dr. Frank Cerra (Senior VP for Health Sciences at the University of Minnesota) on strategies to raise the necessary funds for the pilot. Given the volatility of the economy at the moment, this might prove difficult, but we’ll give it a try! I will send out another update when a funding strategy emerges.

Should you have any thoughts, questions, or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

Linda Watson

Linda Watson, MLS, AHIP, FMLA
President, Assoc of Academic Health Sciences Libraries
Director, Health Sciences Libraries
University of Minnesota Twin Cities
450B Diehl Hall / 505 Essex Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
612-626-7039 (voice) / 612-626-5822 (fax)