Job Posting: Network Services Coordinator
Network Services Coordinator
National Network of Libraries of Medicine Middle Atlantic Region
NYU Health Sciences Libraries seeks to fill the position of Network Services Coordinator for the Middle Atlantic Region (MAR) of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine. The mission of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) is to advance the progress of medicine and improve the public health by providing all U.S. health professionals with equal access to biomedical information and improving the public’s access to information to enable them to make informed decisions about their health. The Middle Atlantic Region (MAR) office serves NN/LM members in Delaware, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.
The Network Services Coordinator plans and organizes resource sharing and network programs in consultation with the MAR Resource Sharing Committee. Manages the DOCLINE program of the Region, offering training and consultation. Ensures compliance with all NLM requirements for members using DOCLINE and LinkOut.
Reports to RML Associate Director.
1. Administers the DOCLINE and LinkOut programs of the NN/LM for the Region ensuring accuracy of the member information in the directory. Sees that membership certificates are distributed in a timely manner;
2. Staffs the MAR Resource Sharing Committee and encourages their participation in the development of region-wide resource sharing efforts;
3. Trains all RML staff on the fundamentals of DOCLINE and interlibrary loan, so they can answer basic questions from members;
4. Works five hours per month in a network member’s Document Delivery or interlibrary loan department;
5. Develops training programs using Adobe Connect, online tutorials and simple printed instructions for training staff in a variety of libraries on use of the DOCLINE and LinkOut systems; provides individual or group consultation on use of DOCLINE and LinkOut if needed;
6. Encourages use of EFTS and helps problem solve with librarians who cannot use it, due to technical or administrative problems;
7. Is training point of contact with other RMLs and the National Library of Medicine’s staff to be expert on current and upcoming system changes or technology developments in areas affecting resource sharing. Attends monthly teleconferences and provides regular feedback to NLM on problems or concerns of MAR members in regard to resource sharing;
8. Organizes user testing of new technologies and systems for NLM if requested;
9. Participates in all RML staff activities including exhibits, state liaison efforts, network member questions, implementation of region-wide programs including but not limited to Emergency Preparedness and Historical Collections and in offering training;
10. Develops and manage the NN/LM MAR RML Consultants program;
11. Develops a program to recruit new members, including a recruitment kit;
12. Oversees the annual contact process to ensure that the appropriate information is gathered and compiled;
13. Develops and implements a region-wide member recruitment program for public libraries;
14. Other related duties as required.
Skills and Requirements
MLS and at least 5 years experience in health sciences libraries. Knowledge of DOCLINE, LinkOut and related technology and cataloging issues preferred. Excellent communications, project management and team skills.
Salary begins at $60,000, with the NYU Medical Center benefits package. S/he is considered an employee of the New York University School of Medicine, which is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Information on the Middle Atlantic Region of the NN/LM is at http://nnlm.gov/mar/.
Applicants should send their resume and a letter of application to:
Ms. Terry Serra
NYU Health Sciences Libraries
NYU Langone Medical Center
550 First Avenue
New York, NY 10016
Fax: (212) 263-6534