From the GMR: Job posting in Omaha
Reference Librarian, Sciences
Creighton University, Reinert-Alumni Library
The Creighton University Reinert-Alumni Library seeks an energetic and innovative Science Reference Librarian to provide general reference service with a science specialty. Provides research consultations for undergraduate students in the sciences, especially Biology and the physical sciences. Performs library instruction, faculty liaison, and collection development for all science departments in the College of Arts & Sciences. Develops web-based course materials. Some evening and weekend hours. One of six positions reporting to the Head of Reference in a collaborative work environment.
- Master’s degree in library science from an ALA-accredited program
- Bachelor’s degree in a science area, biology preferred
- Undergraduate coursework or significant work experience in biology
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a reference librarian, paraprofessional, or student
- Fluency with standard Internet and MS Office applications
- Experience with MS FrontPage, MS Expression, or HTML preferred
- Knowledge of instructional design preferred
Applicants must also demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills; strong commitment to public service; organizational and analytical skills; collaborative working style; and the ability to adapt to a changing library and campus environment.
Creighton University is a dynamic and growing Catholic Jesuit institution located in Omaha, Nebraska. Omaha boasts a thriving and vital metropolitan environment conveniently located in the nation's heartland. Applicants may visit the Library's home page at http://reinert.creighton.edu. Creighton offers a competitive salary, benefits package, and 22 days vacation. Apply online at http://careers.creighton.edu and refer to position number 20090155. Include letter of application, résumé, and three references. Open until filled. Creighton University is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create and maintain a diverse community.