« From the GMR: Workshop Assistance for Recovery Act Limited Competition | Main | From the GMR: Workshop Assistance for Recovery Act Limited Competition »

HealthCampMN

A message from Amy Donahue, NLM Associate Fellow at the U of M. The session is this Saturday, but you can still register:

I just wanted to alert you to an event that's happening on the University of Minnesota campus at the Mayo Auditorium this weekend: http://healthcampmn.eventbrite.com/

I've signed up to go; I learned about HealthCamps from a colleague at NLM, and since I'm pretty interested in social networking and healthcare, it seemed like a good match! I don't know if anything will actually be of interest to us, but I'll definitely pass on anything I learn on the blog/at meetings. It seems that it's mostly industry people (insurance, medical devices, etc.), but it definitely crosses over into the health information realm, and librarians have attended some of the other healthcamps around the country. I think the two most interesting sessions are the personal health "It's your health deal with it!" and the doctor rating (maybe I'll get a chance to bring up GoLocal?) "American Idol Doctors."

Take care,
Amy
adonahue@umn.edu