Job posting: Electronic Resources Librarian, midwestern University (IL)
Midwestern University has a proud and impressive history dating back to 1900; the organization was incorporated in Chicago, Illinois, to train physicians in a not-for-profit environment. Today, Midwestern University is still governed by the strong principles of the founding administration and faculty. The organization has grown in two campuses located in Downers Grove, IL and Glendale, AZ. Midwestern University is an independent, not-for-profit corporation organized primarily to provide undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate education in the health sciences.
At our Downers Grove campus, we seek an Electronic Resources Librarian
Under the direction of the Assistant Director, the Electronic Resources Librarian coordinates and maintains electronic access to library resources creates and maintains library web pages and links, provides user support for library software and web resources, and provides reference services. Hours are Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00 p.m.
* Manage, maintain, and troubleshoot access to a variety of library electronic resources and utilities such as databases, ejournals, ebooks, link resolver tools, and an integrated library system.
* Provide both staff and user support (in person and remotely) including troubleshooting and training for library software, web resources and equipment.
* Create and maintain library web pages and links and coordinate content provided by other staff.
* Manage user authentication, including global and individual ids and passwords.
* Provide reference and circulation services.
* Coordinate the library's electronic systems and activities with the university's information technology services.
* Continuously improve personal health science related database knowledge and searching skills, and stay current with health science library and technology trends.
* Contribute good teamwork skills to accomplish group projects and goals.
* A Masters Degree in Library/Information Sciences from an ALA-accredited institution
* Experience and knowledge in integrated library systems technology, including online catalogs, link resolvers, document delivery systems, etc.
* Experience with web page design and maintenance
* Experience in technology troubleshooting including electronic subscription access
* Experience providing reference in a health sciences library
* Ability to prioritize and address daily technical challenges in a rapidly changing environment
* Experience working in a team and customer service oriented environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
MWU offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. The benefits package for full-time and eligible part-time employees includes: medical, vision, dental, life insurance, disability, retirement contributions, tuition reimbursement, child care subsidy and a generous paid-time off policy.
For consideration, please submit your resume to: Jobsil@midwestern.edu, or send by fax: (630) 515-7207 Attn: Recruiter.