From the GMR: Free online training on Valuation Tools - SAVE THE DATE
The GMR is pleased to present a free, online training session for our members on Valuation Tools:
(1.) the new Library Value Calculator, adapted from one originally provided by the Massachusetts Library Association, and then adapted for the web by Chelmsford Public Library; and
(2.) the Cost Benefit and ROI Calculator, that helps determine a library's contribution to the institutional "bottom line".
Presented by: Betsy Kelly, Assessment and Evaluation Liaison (NN/LM MCR) and Barb Jones, Advocacy Liaison (NN/LM MCR)
Date: Monday, March 15, 2010
Time: 1:00 - 2:00 PM (CT)
Connect Online: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/gmrconnect4-1/
Enter as a Guest and sign in with your first and last name. Follow the instructions in the meeting room to have Adobe Connect call your phone or call: 1-866-628-8620 and enter Participant Code: 742384
Highlights / Responses to questions, such as:
* What's your library worth to the institution?
* How much would it cost to replace your library services on the retail market?
* How much does the library contribute to the bottom line?
* How much benefit does your institution (i.e., the patrons) receive for every dollar spent by the library?
* What kind of annual return is realized for funds allocated to maintain the library's collection?
For more information about these tools, please see: http://nnlm.gov/mcr/evaluation/tools.html
Registration for the March 15th event is not required, but please rsvp to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks. Please contact me with any questions regarding this training opportunity.
Jacqueline Leskovec, MLIS, MA, RN
Outreach and Evaluation Coordinator
National Network of Libraries of Medicine
Greater Midwest Region
1750 W. Polk St. M/C 763
Chicago, IL 60612-4330