From the GMR: Mobile MedlinePlus - Available Tomorrow!
NLM is releasing Mobile MedlinePlus tomorrow, Thursday January 14th! Once Mobile MedlinePlus is released, there will be links on the MedlinePlus and MedlinePlus en español home pages.
Mobile MedlinePlus will be available at the same URL as the preview version -
http://m.medlineplus.gov (Spanish home page at http://m.medlineplus.gov/spanish/).
Thank you so much for trying out the site during the preview period and for sending feedback. There's still a Contact Us link at the bottom of every page, so please continue to send us feedback and encourage others to do so as well.
Below is quick description of Mobile MedlinePlus that might help you explain this new service. There will be an FAQ on the full MedlinePlus site at http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/faq/mobile.html (available later today) that will include special instructions for Blackberry users. In addition, a Technical Bulletin article and press release are forthcoming.
Thank you again,
The MedlinePlus Team
Mobile MedlinePlus includes many of your favorite MedlinePlus and MedlinePlus en español pages in a display that is optimized for mobile devices.
Mobile MedlinePlus includes
- Topic summaries - "snackable" pieces of information, you can access and digest quickly
- News - the latest in treatment, medical research and healthy living tips
- Images - visual appeal is important
- Encyclopedia articles & drug information - heavily-used content
Mobile MedlinePlus does not include
- External links - these pages are not optimized for mobile; they are "regular" Web pages
- Interactive tutorials - Flash doesn't work on many mobile devices
- Some licensed content - we'll work on adding in the future