From the GMR: Librarian position at UTHSC San Antonio
For those of you interested in outreach and disinterested in Minnesota winters...
Interlibrary Loan/Outreach Services Librarian
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio -- Texas
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio invites applications for the position of Interlibrary Loan/Outreach Services Librarian.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
* Supervises Interlibrary Loan staff in monitoring and documentation of ongoing activities, recommends changes in policies and procedures, and plans for new programs;
* Coordinates the Library's resource library outreach subcontract and other selected outreach projects. Writes reports, plans activities, publicizes services, provides reference services, teaches search concepts and makes periodic visits to South Texas hospitals and other organizations;
* Staffs the Information Desk, provides searching, and participates in instructional activities;
* Additional or special duties as assigned;
* Under FLSA, this position is exempt;
* Performs duties in an office environment, travel and ability to drive own vehicle required, valid driver's license required.
Meets the requirements for appointment at the Librarian II level; ALA accredited degree; minimum five years library experience; ability to work independently and in a team environment; commitment to excellent service and able to manage multiple priorities; demonstrated knowledge and ability to develop, utilize and maximize Web-based resources and services with a particular emphasis on interlibrary loan and other library applications; ability to develop and teach instructional and informational programs for the health sciences community; experience with various library services and systems including reference and online searching of NLM, OVID Online, and Internet systems, ILLiad; excellent written and oral communication skills; supervisory experience.
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio is among the nation's leading university research centers. The five primary missions - education, research, patient care, community service and efficient operations - are carried out within five schools: School of Medicine, Dental School, School of Nursing, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, and the School of Health Professions with affiliated campuses in Laredo, Harlingen, and Edinburg. There are approximately 3,000 students enrolled in 41 degree and certificate programs. A special mission of the University is to serve the education and research needs of South Texas. San Antonio, home of the Alamo and the Riverwalk, is a very hospitable place to live. It has great schools, a diverse community and culture, interesting history, as well as cultural activities, professional sports, and outdoor recreation in the beautiful nearby Texas Hill Country.
Please apply on-line at www.uthscsajobs.com (Requisition Number 20090484). A cover letter, current CV, and a list of three professional references are required for this position, and may be uploaded while applying. This is a security-sensitive position. The search will remain open until the ideal candidate has been identified. The search committee will begin review of applications in February 2010. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Keith W. Cogdill, PhD, AHIP
Director of South Texas Regional Information Services
The University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio Libraries, MSC 7940
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, TX 78229-3900
(210) 567-3051 voice
(210) 567-2490 fax