From the GMR: FUNDING: HIV/AIDS Community Information Outreach Projects 2010: Deadline April 19, 2010
HIV/AIDS Community Information Outreach Projects 2010 (RFQ No. NLM-0010-054-SES)
The National Library of Medicine (NLM) is pleased to announce the solicitation of quotations from organizations and libraries to design and conduct projects that will improve access to HIV/AIDS related health information for patients, the affected community, and their caregivers.
Projects must involve one or more of the following information access categories:
* Information retrieval;
* Skills development;
* State-of-the-art resources;
* Resource development; and/or
* Document Access.
Emphasis is placed upon the following types of organizations or arrangements for developing these programs:
* Community-based organizations (CBOs) or patient advocacy groups currently providing HIV/AIDS related serves to the affected community;
* Public libraries serving communities in the provision of HIV/AIDS-related information and resources;
* Health departments or other local, municipal, or state agencies working to improve public health;
* Faith-based organizations currently providing HIV/AIDS-related services; and/or
* Multi-type consortia of the above-listed organizations that may be in existence or formed specifically for this project.
Standard Awards are offered for up to $60,000; Express Awards are offered for up to $10,000.
Quotations are due to NLM on Monday, April 19, 2010.
The solicitation for the 2010 HIV/AIDS Community Information Outreach Projects is posted on the Federal Business Opportunities Web site.