« From the GMR: MedlinePlus has a new look! | Main | From the GMR: GMR Update July 2010 is up »

From the GMR: Ulrike Dieterle is retiring!

I hope that you'll join me and the staff of the Ebling Library in thanking Ulrike Dieterle for her contributions to the Ebling Library, the library profession, and to the faculty, staff, and students of the UW-Madison. After nearly 20 years with the University of Wisconsin system and 11 of those years with the Ebling Library, Rica has decided to retire and "turn the page to a new chapter in her life". In her roles of Head of Access & Delivery Services and most recently as the Distance Services & Outreach Coordinator, Rica has made a tremendous contribution to library services at a library level, a campus level, and at a state level. In the beginnings of the library's liaison program, Rica brought her passion and skills to this new role as she began her work as the library's liaison to the School of Nursing. She has played a key role in providing health information to a number of groups and individuals around the state and she will be sorely missed for her energy on behalf of health disparity populations in Wisconsin. I wish her the very best in all her future endeavors and I will miss her professionalism and her enthusiasm for her work.

If you happen to be in the Madison, WI area next week, I hope you'll join me and the library staff in room 1222 of the Health Sciences Learning Center (HSLC) from 3-5 PM for a little dessert and to say good-bye to Rica as she faces new adventures in retirement!

Julie

--
Julie Schneider
Director
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Ebling Library for the Health Sciences
Health Sciences Learning Center, Room 3322
750 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53705-2221
PHONE: 608-263-5755
FAX: 608-262-4732
jschneider@library.wisc.edu