From the GMR: POSITION DESCRIPTION: Urban Libraries Council seeks senior program manager
We're very excited to share the attached position for a ULC Senior Program Manager with you. Please assist us in spreading the word. Details are also available on the ULC website at www.urbanlibraries.org.
Veronda J. Pitchford
Urban Libraries Council
125 S. Wacker, Suite 1050
Chicago, IL 60606
ULC's General information number: 312-676-0999
Urban Libraries Council
Senior Program Manager
The Urban Libraries Council (ULC) has spent more than thirty years enriching urban
communities by strengthening their public libraries. A member association of North America's leading public library systems, ULC's members are thought leaders dedicated to leadership, innovation and the continuous transformation of libraries.
The full time Senior Program Manager will manage ULC's key program initiatives from
development through implementation and report to the CEO/ President. ULC's programs are acclaimed for inspiring new organizational models that invigorate urban libraries and enable them to provide the best possible services. ULC's programs focus on the critical issues facing cities and counties including: economic and work force development, sustainability, technology infrastructure, health and public safety and education/lifelong learning.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Identify strategic issues and trends critical to urban libraries and the communities which
• Develop programs, conferences and initiatives that support library systems
• Implement complex, multi-year research and demonstration projects
• Manage initiatives including partnership development, grant writing, research
management, meeting planning and identification of leading practices
• Masters in Public Administration, Urban Planning or Library Science
• Knowledge and experience working with local governments and public libraries
• Successful experience in program development, including proposal writing and project
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong organization and project management experience
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience. ULC offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, disability and life insurance and an employer funded retirement plan.
Please send cover letter and resume by Friday, October 15, 2010, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Angela Goodrich, Finance and Administration Executive.