From the GMR: Position posting - GMR Network Services Coordinator
The National Network of Libraries of Medicine Greater Midwest Region (NNLN/GMR) invites applications and nominations for the GMR Network Services Coordinator, an academic professional position.
The National Network of Libraries of Medicine Greater Midwest Region (NN/LM GMR) is located in the Library of the Health Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) and funded by a 5-year contract from the National Library of Medicine. The NN/LM Greater Midwest Region office has been located within UIC since 1980. The NN/LM is a network of libraries and information centers in the U.S. that provides health professionals and consumers with timely, convenient access to biomedical and health care information resources. The GMR staff members provide services to health professionals, librarians, and the public across a ten-state region that includes
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. The GMR Network Services Coordinator reports to the Associate Director, NN/LM, Greater Midwest Region.
The Network Services Coordinator will manage the network membership program and provide leadership for resource sharing within the region. The Coordinator provides leadership for specific membership services and interlibrary loan services, including the DOCLINE interlibrary routing system, LinkOutservices, and the Electronic Funds Transfer System (EFTS). The Coordinator also acts as the contact librarian for services to Network members in a specific geographic area. All coordinators in the GMR office develop and implement goals and objectives for their respective program areas and report on progress toward meeting program goals and objectives. In addition, all coordinators develop and teach classes related to their program areas, prepare program-specific website content, and communicate with Network members through the regional blog and the GMR listserv.
- Master's degree in Library Sciences from an ALA accredited program.
- Two to five years library experience, preferably in a health sciences library.
- Experience with NLM databases and services.
- Experience with computers, Internet search engines, MS Office applications, and developing web resources.
- Experience with DOCLINE and LINKOUT and knowledge of interlibrary loan systems.
- Familiarity with document delivery trends and technologies.
- Knowledge of and experience with instructional design, course development and evaluation. Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Flexibility, initiative, willingness to travel, including a valid driver's license.
- Ability to transport and set up exhibit material.
Salary commensurate with experience; minimum salary $50,000; twelve month appointment; 24 days vacation; 12 days annual sick leave with additional disability benefits; 11 paid holidays; medical insurance (contribution based on annual salary; coverage for dependents may be purchased); two dental plans available; life insurance paid for by the State; participation in one of the retirement options of the State Universities Retirement System compulsory (8% of salary is withheld and is tax exempt until withdrawal); no Social Security coverage, but Medicare payment is required; physical examination at University Health Service is required upon appointment.
For fullest consideration apply by September 21, 2011.
All applicants must submit an online application through jobs.uic.edu.To apply, click on the following link: https://jobs.uic.edu/default.cfm?page=job&jobID=12482