From the GMR: Job Posting : Reference Librarian, Sciences
Reference Librarian, Sciences
The Creighton University Reinert-Alumni Library seeks an energetic, innovative, and service-oriented Reference Librarian to perform general reference with a science specialty. Provides research consultations for undergraduate students in the natural sciences, especially biology. Performs library instruction, faculty liaison, and collection development for natural science departments in the College of Arts & Sciences. Develops web-based research guides and online instructional materials. Some evening and weekend hours. This position is one of 5.5 FTE reporting to the Head of Reference in a collaborative work environment.
- Master's degree in library science from an ALA-accredited program
- Bachelor's degree in a science area, biology preferred
- Undergraduate coursework or significant work experience in biology
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a reference librarian, paraprofessional, or graduate student assistant
- Fluency with all standard Internet, Microsoft, and Mac applications
- Experience with web authoring tools, including HTML, XHTML, or XML code
- Experience with graphical and instructional media software
- Knowledge and aptitude for new technologies, including mobile applications
Applicants must demonstrate a strong commitment to public service, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, organizational and analytical skills, a collaborative working style, and the ability to adapt to a changing library and campus environment.
Creighton University is a Catholic and Jesuit comprehensive institution committed to excellence in a range of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs, located in the thriving heartland community of Omaha, Nebraska. Applicants may visit the Library's home page at http://www.creighton.edu/reinert/. Creighton offers a competitive salary, benefits package, and 22 days vacation. Apply online at http://careers.creighton.edu and refer to position number 20110396. Include letter of application, résumé, and the names and contact information for three references. Review process will begin November 7, 2011.
Creighton University is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create and maintain a diverse community.