From the GMR: Job Posting at Rush University Medical Center
The McCormick Educational Technology Center (METC), the instructional technology and micro-computing component of the Library of Rush University Medical Center, is seeking an experienced, innovative and dynamic Assistant Director. In this role you will provide leadership for a collegial staff which provides institutional support and training for educational technology across the entire university.
- Services include support for online and face to face university courses, onsite use of computer workstations and software, optical marking system services, computer classrooms and faculty projects
- Directly supervises 7 technical/support staff
- Analyzes, implements and evaluates departmental activities to ensure the most effective services, access and resources that support the educational endeavors of faculty, students and staff.
- Collaborates with the staffs of Information Services and the Library to assure optimal maintenance of computer hardware and software.
- Prepares and oversees the budget of the METC
- Directs the Instructional Designers and The Technology Support Specialist to best provide access and training in regards to the learning management system and its many supporting applications: Wimba Live Classroom, Respondus, Impatica, Camtasia, and others as required.
- Supervises the management of the computer-based data collection services
- Master's degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited program or Master's degree in Instructional/Educational Technology
- 5 years in a multimedia center or similar environment
- High level interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and problem solving skills
Rush University is the academic component of Rush University Medical Center. The University currently has over 2,100 students in Rush Medical College, the College of Nursing, the College of Health Sciences and The Graduate College. Located just west of the Loop in downtown Chicago, Rush offers an ideal atmosphere for professional to fulfill their career goals.
To apply, please visit http://careers.jobsatrush.com/chicago/other/jobid2054424-assistant-director-library-educational-technology-jobs. Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.
Director, Library of Rush University Medical Center
600 S. Paulina St.
Chicago, IL 60612