Job posting: Director, Health Sciences Libraries, University of Minnesota
Please excuse cross-postings, and please share this exciting
opportunity with others!
Director, Health Sciences Libraries
Associate University Librarian for Health Sciences
University Libraries, University of Minnesota -- Twin Cities
The University of Minnesota University Libraries seeks visionary and energetic leadership for the position of Director of Health Sciences Libraries; the position also serves as Associate University Librarian (AUL) for Health Sciences. The Health Sciences Libraries (HSL) consists of the Bio-Medical Library and Wangensteen Historical Library on the Minneapolis campus and the Veterinary Medical Library on the St. Paul campus. Together, they serve the University's Academic Health Center which is one of the nation's few comprehensive centers encompassing programs in medicine, nursing, dentistry, public health, pharmacy, veterinary medicine, and allied health, as well as a number of interdisciplinary programs that serve the entire University. The University of Minnesota and its libraries also have a strong record of outreach and service to the state and region.
Reporting to the University Librarian, the Director/AUL is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the Health Sciences Libraries, including
- Providing leadership, direction, and planning in support of the schools, colleges, and programs of the Academic Health Center including those at the Duluth and Rochester campuses.
- As a member of the University Libraries' senior leadership team, participating in strategic planning, developing new initiatives, setting priorities, and developing coordinated policies and procedures for the University Libraries organization.
- Serving as a member of the Academic Health Center Deans' Council.
- Ensuring HSL engagement with the Institute for Health Informatics (co-located in the Bio-Medical Library), the Clinical and Translational Science Institute, and knowledge management initiatives, and
- Working with external organizations, including the National Library of Medicine, to develop partnerships that ensure effective access to information for University of Minnesota faculty, clinicians and students, and the citizens of Minnesota.
Required qualifications include an ALA accredited Masters in Library/Information Science or equivalent combination of advanced degree and relevant experience, and a minimum of five years of experience within a research library (or related) environment,
including administrative experience.
For complete description, qualifications, and to apply, go to Requisition 176775 at:
The University of Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer.