From the GMR: NIH & NCBI launch the Genetic Testing Registry (GTR) - plus other genetic resources
If you haven't seen this:
The Genetic Testing Registry (GTR) is a new resource for finding information about genetic tests and test providers. For more information, please see the GTR homepage (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gtr) & the NIH Press Release (http://www.nih.gov/news/health/mar2010/od-18.htm).
Additional National Library of Medicine (NLM) information and databases related to genetics include:
- Genetics Home Reference provides consumer-friendly information about the effects of genetic variations on human health.
- Human Genome Resources works to piece together and analyze the plethora of data being generated through the Human Genome Project
- NCBI Educational Resources include tutorials, workshops, manuals and guides
- Bookshelf provides free access to books and documents in life science and healthcare including GeneReviews - and can be added to a Library's Linkout program
Linked from and searchable through NLM:
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man® (OMIM ®) is a comprehensive, authoritative, and timely compendium of human genes and genetic phenotypes and contains Clinical Synopses