REMINDER: Register for the MLA Webcast - Leveraging Mobile Technologies for Health Sciences Libraries
Just a friendly reminder to register by Monday, April 16th for the MLA Webcast!
The University of Minnesota’s Bio-Medical Library will be hosting the Medical Library Association’s educational webcast, *”Leveraging Mobile Technologies for Health Sciences Libraries” April 18, 2012, from 1:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m. *
As part of this programming, the University of Minnesota’s Health Sciences Libraries and the Health Science Libraries of Minnesota will be sponsoring a lunch before the webcast. Please register for this webcast by Monday, April 16th, and indicate if you will be joining us for lunch. There is no fee for this event.
Click here for the registration form. or copy and past this link into your browser: https://docs.google.com/a/umn.edu/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHA0R1ZUbXloNWZ5TTVqNVBwb3dpc3c6MQ#gid=0
Lunch and informal conversation: Begins at 12:00
Wraparound session with panel speakers: 2:30 - 3:00
If you have any questions, please feel fee to contact Anne Beschnett (email@example.com) or Amy Claussen (firstname.lastname@example.org). Details on the webcast goals and objectives can be found below.
Hope to see you at the webcast!
The goal of this webcast is to familiarize information professionals with current practical applications of mobile technologies in clinical and curricular support settings. Topics will highlight innovative uses of mobile technologies, address technology challenges, and provide best practice guidance for applying in viewers local environments.
- Define how mobile technologies can be used in clinical settings
- Define how mobile technologies can be integrated into curricula
- Identify challenges faced when using mobile technologies in different settings
- Explain challenges faced in clinical and curricular settings that mobile technologies can help solve
- Demonstrate how mobile technologies can be used in your own setting
- Plan how to work with vendors and IT support to enable use of mobile technologies
- Identify opportunities for library resources via mobile technologies in multiple settings
- Compare different mobile technologies and choose which might be appropriate for your own setting
The sponsorship of this webcast site has been funded in whole or in part with Federal funds from the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, under Contract No. NLM-N01-LM-6-3503 with the University of Illinois at Chicago.