Update: My Health Minnesota à Electronic Health Library (eHL)

Hello HSLM Members,

I am writing to update you on the progress of the My Health Minnesota à Electronic Health Library (eHL) project. I am happy to report that with Erinn Aspinall's leadership and assistance by Mary Parker and Rita Baladad at MINITEX and Katherine Chew on my staff, we have completed the feasibility study and are taking initial steps towards project implementation, with an estimated launch date in Summer 2009.

Based on a Request for Information issued to select vendors, we have determined the dollar amount that will be necessary to initiate the eHL as a two-year pilot project. It is not inconsequential as you can imagine, so I am working with Dr. Frank Cerra (Senior VP for Health Sciences at the University of Minnesota) on strategies to raise the necessary funds for the pilot. Given the volatility of the economy at the moment, this might prove difficult, but we’ll give it a try! I will send out another update when a funding strategy emerges.

Should you have any thoughts, questions, or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

Linda Watson

Linda Watson, MLS, AHIP, FMLA
President, Assoc of Academic Health Sciences Libraries
Director, Health Sciences Libraries
University of Minnesota Twin Cities
450B Diehl Hall / 505 Essex Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
612-626-7039 (voice) / 612-626-5822 (fax)

Hello HSLM Members,

It was a pleasure meeting you at last week's meeting. Thanks to all for your insightful comments and suggestions regarding the initial planning for the My Health Minnesota --> Electronic Health Library (eHL). I will be sure to incorporate your thoughts as we move forward with the feasibility study.

I welcome additional feedback about the project. Please feel free to contact me in response to the following questions, or any other topics related to the development of the eHL.

- How can we help you communicate with your administrators about the eHL? We can distribute marketing materials, write letters, and give presentations, but would like to have your input how we can be of assistance. - How do we reach hospitals and other organizations that do not have a medical library?
- Besides hospital administrators, are there any other stakeholders you would recommend involving in the conversation?

I would also appreciate you sending me feedback as you begin sharing the concept of the eHL with others. If you have any particularly positive experiences, or meet anyone who could serve as a champion for the project, please let me know. I can be contacted via email at aspin005@umn.edu.

Thank you,
Erinn

--
Erinn Aspinall
Project Manager, Statewide Clinical Licensing Project
Bio-Medical Library
University of Minnesota