« North Hennepin Professor Names Prof of the Year | Main | Obama's New National Security Adviser »

Massacre in Mumbai

Indian commandos killed the last Islamist gunmen holed up at Mumbai's Taj Mahal hotel, ending a three-day battle at landmarks across India's financial capital. Saturday, the removal of the bodies from the ruins of the 105-year-old landmark began.

According to the New York Times article, by evening the death toll had risen to 172, a figure that was sure to rise once the dead from the Taj hotel were counted. Funerals went on throughout the day. The article then went on to talk about troubling questions arose about whether Indian authorities could have anticipated the attack, taken better security precautions in a city as vulnerable as Mumbai, the country’s financial capital, or crushed the attackers more swiftly.

According to the Reuters AlertNet article, India blamed the strike on "elements" from Pakistan, raising tensions between the nuclear-armed rivals. Pakistan said the two countries faced a common enemy and it would send a representative of its spy agency to share intelligence.

Both articles are different types of writing styles. The New York Times article is a standard article that uses information and interviews to write the piece. The Reuters AlertNet article uses bullet points to show what key events happened throughout all three days of the attacks and what took place on Saturday in the aftermath of everything.

I really appreciate this post. Iˇ¦ve been looking all over for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thanks again