Last one

i have enjoyed talking with you this fall/winter. it helped me a lot with writing my paper and also gave me an interesting perspective on how city life is. i came from a small town in wisconsin so i didnt really know how city life was. i also did not know how lucky i was to attend a school such as i did but the things you shared with me were very helpful and i thank you for them.

Posted by at at 11:08 AM

Thanksgiving

For thanksgiving i went to my house in West Salem and spent time with my frineds and family. it was nice to see my friends who i haven't seen in forever it seems. i also did some deer hunting but did not get anything. that is alright because i shot one on opening day the saturday before. after i returned from hunting i watched the football game and still think the Lions will never be good in my lifetime. The second game was better, i was also happy to hear that Ron Dayne won the game for the Broncos because i grew up watching him play for Wisconsin. the best part about the day was the meal. everything i ate tasted awesome. on sunday before i left to come back up here i ate a bunch of the leftovers just so i could remember what good food tasted liek until i go home for christmas.

Posted by at at 11:21 PM

i got injured over the past 4-5 years by continually planting my take off leg for high jump into the ground forcefully. that is what caused my back problems. how do i fell about it? well i am not excited about it but there is not much i can do to help the situation so i try to get involved in other things so that i can get my mind off of it. at first i just sat around and thought about it all the time and then i realized i could not do anything about it so it just wasnt worth beating myself up over it even though it is a big deal to me. i have wanted to run track in college for a long time and now i cant because i am hurt. it kind of sucks but o well things will get better. do you have any problems like that and how do you deal with them?

Posted by at at 1:38 PM

if you like the rockets and the nuggets i take it you like t-mac and carmello? they are good and fun to watch. do you plan on playing high school basketball when you are able to? if you could answer a few more questions for me i would greatly appreciate that. how many siblings do you have and their ages? what would be your dream job if you could pick anything to do for a living? my dream job would to be an NFL coach and win the super bowl.

Posted by at at 11:23 AM

i know how you feel because the food at my school was cold and nasty as well. college food is a step up but still not that great. you say that you like basketball so what is your favorite NBA team if you have one and also do you cheer for the university of minnesotas basketball teams. i would also like to know how far away from lincoln community school do you live and how do you get to and from school daily? As for me college is a great experience and well worth the effort to try for good grades when your younger. it is not just school it is meeting new people and experienciing different things. there is something at college for everyone to do. there are so many things that you can get involved with that will be fun yet at the same time help you learn. as a middle school student i hated school and didnt want to go to college but when i was being recruited for track i changed my mind and gave it a chance and i am very glad that i made that decision and encourage anyone to make the same. Happy Holloween!

Posted by at at 11:17 AM

About Myself

My name is Aaron Logan. i am originally from La Crosse, WI and had lived there my whole life. i live in town with my father and mother and also two brothers. one is older and one is younger, so i am a lucky middle child. i also have a cat named rocky that we found in a rainstorm one nite so we decided to keep him even though at the time we didn't like cats. i graduated from high school in may of 2005 and commited to run track for the U of M. i am currently injured but hoping to make my way back on the track. as you can guess sports are a big part of my life and i enjoy them the most out of anything. i also like to watch movies, hang out with my friends and party among other things. i like living in the city but also like where i am from and enjoy the outdoors as well. What are some things you do in your free time? Do you feel like you are in a safe enviroment at school and at home? How would you personally rate your school and why? is it good, average, poor?

Posted by at at 1:51 PM

comparisons

One similarity that i saw from the statistics at Lincoln elementary school and my grade school is that our school was really poor, but not as poor as Lincoln. Our school had low class sizes and out dated books. Some times we could not do a lesson out of the english book because they were from the 70's. It was a perociel school so we received money from the church but the church wasn't on good financial terms either. Not all, but some of the kids were on free or reduced price lunch programs and our library was smaller than our bathroom. The gymnasium was shared between grades K-8 and often was too crowded to have any fun.
The difference was that every one where i came from came from a farily strong christian background. there was hardly any crime in my town and if there was it was a speeding ticket or the occasional bank robbery. It was kind of a quiet town with nto much happening and most of the children that went to my school had both parents and support coming from home even thought the school did not have very many supplies or resources.

Posted by at at 11:35 AM

comparisons

Posted by at at 11:35 AM

citation

what we are learning in class this week is confusing to me. in the past i have not been a reall strong english student and have had troubles citing sources. and the bibliography is pretty bad too. i will use my text book to cite sources and still probably make a mistake, but thatis what learning is for. i am interested in seeing what the lincoln grade school project will be like though. i thought that would be fun to interact with those students and maybe learn a little more about the hardships in N Mineapolis. i was interested to hear the story you told us about the shooting of the pit bull i did not know that was a legall thing to do. although it may be legall it wasn't the right thing to do in the situation.

Posted by at at 4:08 PM

Comparison

In the two stories that i read i will be comparing the man and the child from the superman story. the child noticed his father was into reading a lot of books about different subjects at the time. some of the books were on current events and some were mysterys. The father, although poor and couldn't afford an education gained his intelegence through reading. i think that the boy noticed this in his father and realized the importance of education. they were indian so at the time it was hard for them to be undiscriminated against and receive an education. this is a good story when talking about leading by example. the father had many books laying around the house and demonsstrated to the boy that reading has many advantages and also helps broaden your perceptions on certain topics.

Posted by at at 11:28 AM