a snuggle. | Main | petalline

the bad beginning

This being my first real entry besides some ol' photos, I should make it at least moderately readable. I suppose I wanted one of these damned things because most of my real-space friends are not quite as, well, obsessive about this whole knitting thing as I seem to have become. (ain't that the truth adds a smart-mouthed boyfriend)

My lovely raging hormones keeping me from playing well with others, for a large part of work today I sat by myself on the 3rd floor of the museum, knitting Cold Shoulder by Glampyre in a delicious red (Cascade Sierra). Lots of little old ladies thought it was oh-so-cute. Mostly, I wanted them to go to hell, but you know. We are doing this show on a contemporary illuminated manuscript and since I work at the museum shop, Christian Capitalism can be seen daily rearing its ugly head. My gauge is off in places, but I think that a good blocking will set it straight.

All of my current projects (Naturwolle cardigan, cold shoulder, boyfriend sox) are on rather small needles and not progressing quite as quickly as I'd like. I had to make a little shoulder warmer on some honkin' 15's (2 days) just to feel like I'm actually accomplishing something. I have a sort of residual belief in "progress", some kind of archaic holdover from the modernist paradigm. When will I ever learn?

Of course, I always seem to pick just the wrong time to undertake projects in which I expect immediate results. For example, this little blogging adventure. Who knew that hormones could make such short work of what tenuous grasp on sanity I had left? I did, I guess, but I trudged on nevertheless. Sadly, part of my hysteria managed to be contagious and until J and I got some yummy Punch pizza, we were both looney tunes.

In other news, yesterday some guy was clubbed to death with a baseball bat a few blocks from my apartment. I heart the ghetto.

Posted by loyd0008 at May 20, 2005 11:44 PM | Book of Days

Cute blog and FO's.. :) I look forward to more posts!

Posted by: uglyagnes at May 29, 2005 3:14 PM

Thanks for the encouragement! Once I get a camera it should be more involved and frequent...

Posted by: villain at May 29, 2005 7:53 PM