the bad beginning | Main | slutty snugness

petalline

I have been working on felted flowers for the past week or so. Finally, today after work I put them onto little pins. I made five total. The first one here is destined for my mom and the next for me. My mom's got a bit squished in the scanner. This leads to the main reason why I haven't been a very frequent poster: no digital camera. The scanning worked pretty well for these petite darlings, but wouldn't be quite so useful when applied to, um, me in a sweater. Oh well. Perhaps soon I will splurge. The camera would be nice for my and J's little roadtrip coming up soon. Saying: "things are looking pretty good with X" or "oh I just finished the cutest little Y" doesn't have quite the same effect or draw sans pictures. Admittedly, this is one of the reasons I read these things in the first place: I am an image whore.

momsflower.gif

flowerpin.gif

I am also attempting to sew. My first projects will be two cute little A-lines in the following lovely fabrics from Crafty Planet:

fabric1.gif

fabric2.gif

Delicious! Not too sure how the whole sewing thing is going to work out, but my goal is to have at least one of them done by the time we leave for VA the week after next. I still need to start those handkerchiefs I am embroidering for my dad and work on J's sox. Good thing I am not working much next week. It would cut into my craft time a bit too much.

Posted by loyd0008 at May 29, 2005 7:47 PM | Finished Objects