Hurgle-Burgle | Main | My Little Minion

Elves of Cyberspace

Continuing in the World of Warcraft vein...

J and I were at Hancock yesterday whilst I took advantage of the 99cent McCalls's sale. I found some things that were ok, but nothing that wowed me, so to speak. J picked up Simplicity's Halloween preview catalog and saw "Warriors of Cyberspace" and "Women of Cyberspace" costumes, pictured below. I didn't quite understand the full implication of this heading until I realized that these were not intended to be generic fantasy costumes, but instead to be costumes depicting characters from WoW. Elves of Cyberspace?!?! The ramifications of this are still boggling my mind.

simplicitywow.jpg

simplicitywow2.jpg

Each gender has a ranger, a priest, and a mage. I wonder if they will have the full gamut of choices in the complete Halloween spread...? lolx2 that priest is such a n00b. i bet she hasn't even done VC, let alone BFD!! i mean, look at that vendor trash she's wearing!

It has, however, been difficult to get into the sewing frame of mind due to the indecently high temperatures and my lack of AC. I have been flipping my pillow over at night when it becomes drenched in sweat. However, the past couple of nights it has still been wet on the opposite side from the latest flip. Ick. Things are cooler today after some heavy rains. Maybe I will be able to do some ironing and finally get started on the dress I am making to match my mom. Maybe not. I do have more incentive, since I scavenged a swanky ironing board that someone threw away yesterday. I saw the same one online for $100!! It has a little antenna to hold your cord and everything. So fancy!

Another thing keeping me from being overly-productive is feeling ill. I think that you gave me whatever it was you had on Sunday, Taryn. I just want to sleep. This is not entirely feasible since J and I are entering a Magic tournament tonight!!

Viva La Nerd!! and wish me luck...

Posted by loyd0008 at August 1, 2006 3:00 PM

oooh, don't show DH....
I really can envision him as an elf ( we make a nice couple...) but I don't want to sew a costume of an undead lady for him....

Posted by: tini at August 3, 2006 3:16 PM

Good lord,this is too funny ,I want to see people wearing those outfits.

Posted by: calamitysue at August 8, 2006 2:31 AM

those costumes are AMAZING! hilarous, and amazing

Posted by: alice at August 10, 2006 8:33 AM

So I actually bought the women's patterns at the $1.99 Simplicity sale. My lvl 22 rogue with [Cape of the Brotherhood] and [Red Defias Mask] is much cooler, though.

lol x2!!!

Posted by: villain at August 18, 2006 10:36 PM

These are so very cool and my gf is making me one even as we speak :o) Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: World Of Warcraft at August 4, 2007 10:36 PM

Fun! I think though that if I were to make a costume, it would have to match one of my armor sets. And by "sets", I mean the mismatched stuff I always dig up...

Posted by: villain at August 5, 2007 1:36 AM

I happen to come across your vintage dress picture in my image search for vintage dressmaker's dummies. It poked my curiosity so I clicked on it.

I LOVE IT! I really like the material you chose too.

I am going to try and find the same pattern to make one for myself.

Wish me Luck!

Posted by: Sandra at June 4, 2008 9:19 AM

Wish me Luck!

Posted by: Sandra at June 4, 2008 9:52 AM

Wish me Luck!

Posted by: Sandra at June 4, 2008 9:53 AM

Wish me Luck!

Posted by: Sandra at June 4, 2008 9:54 AM

I really want to purchase the patterns pictured above. Does anyone know where I could do so?

Thanks,
Laura

Posted by: Laura Ferguson at October 6, 2010 12:16 AM