Irina's Dress! | Main | Toppings

Scrap Strips

So I have finally gotten around to starting the second side of that quilt from oh so long ago.

Most quilters will perhaps shudder at my lack of preparation, etc.; I am using 4 inch square scraps from old projects and just sewing them together into strips of randomness. No pattern, no rules, just scraps! Hurrah!

strips.jpg

Only one of these fabrics was fresh. The rest were all from old dresses and shirts. I like that I'll be able to pick out the projects looking at my scrappy bits!

Also made a jersey nightgown (long) in the same vein as the previous dresses, though with no hood. It makes me feel like a wicked witch. I like it! Not really that interesting to photograph, though. Same ol', same ol'! Boy when I find a pattern I like, I just repeat it ad infinitum, don't I? Raglan sweaters, that Built By Wendy shirt with the elastic neck, this dress. That pretty much mirrors how I dress. I find a couple things I like and wear them in different colors. Shoes, shirts, you name it. Not boring: consistent!

Posted by loyd0008 at March 25, 2009 10:15 AM

You've got a lot of really nice patterns here in your fabric scraps - and I agree, random is the best way to go! ;)

-Sharon

Posted by: Scrapbooking Ideas at April 28, 2009 12:36 PM

Thanks! I tend to be... consistent (predictable!) in my choices for clothing projects. I'm glad they worked together so well.

Posted by: villain at May 6, 2009 2:26 PM

I feel that elected officials need to do more things like this for the people.

Posted by: James at August 27, 2011 2:59 PM