Knitsies | Main | Ruffles have Ridges

Just a Boatneck Shirt

Here is another of my recent creations! I used "baby jersey" from Koshtex which is very similar to American Apparel's sheer jersey. I would definitely buy this stuff again. Very basic, but with a nice feel to it. The orange sections are cotton/spandex jersey from the same source. The pattern is just a modification of the Home Stretch pattern, given in the book. I decided not to finish the edges of the orange and it rolls just a little, but I think that fits the style of the shirt. I'm not generally a raw-edge fan, but in some circumstances it is alright. I mean, I do own shirts that have them, I've just never been keen on it with my sewing projects, since I try to shy away from the "Aww, did you make it yourself? How quaint" comments. (Though I seem to get plenty of them anyhow) Not to say that some can't leave raw edges and have a fabulous project, just that whenever I do it, it looks sloppy. Ok well, without further ado, pix:

Without flash:
pink1.jpg

With flash:
pink2.jpg

I have one more dress mostly finished. I just need to put an edge on the sleeves and its done. I should have it up today or tomorrow. Not too much else happening around these parts. We've been watching Buffy and Angel. How did I miss these shows the first time around?! I think I have a crush on Spike. Those cheekbones! *swoon*

Posted by loyd0008 at April 11, 2009 11:51 AM

I feel that elected officials need to do more things like this for the people.

Posted by: James at August 27, 2011 2:44 PM