Ruffles have Ridges | Main | Out of the Wilderness

Just a List, No Pix

I haven't taken shots of anything lately, though I have made a few items. I did another knit dress, this time in black modal/spandex. It is the same basic pattern that I've been using, though I deleted the waist seam on this one too. J and I are going to a friend's wedding this weekend and I am going to wear it on the plane. Yay for stretch! Maybe I'll get a pic of it then.

Additionally, I made my bridesmaid (bridesvillain!) dress: Vogue 8468 in black silk dupioni with 3/4 sleeves (no bell, though) and French seams. It is a super easy dress and went together well. I was going to make a retro halter, but thought it would be too "bridesmaidy." This one is not exactly avant garde, but will be a touch less wedding-cliche. I made us apple green sashes to tie the black dresses together. I finished the sashes and silk table runners last week and sent them off. They will be nice pops of color (green apple, canterbury blue, and carribean blue.)

I made a tote bag for a friends birthday in aqua/neutral dot upholstery fabric and also sent the quilt out to be machine-quilted. I have a couple of dresses to finish up, including a sexy silk number that only requires a zipper and a sheath dress in leopard print that is cut. I really want to buy more modal, but when your rent is $1700 and you don't get paid over the summer, things get a bit tight.

Moving back to Minnesota (I did mention that, right?) will have its downsides (um, weather, needing a car to get around) but it is soooo much cheaper to live there! Also, I'll be able to visit my beloved Crafty Planet once again. We really want to Boston it up the last few months we are here, doing all the Bostony stuff we have wanted, but haven't gotten around to. I am looking forward to the Harbor Islands the most, followed by the Aquarium. Yay for fishes!

Posted by loyd0008 at May 6, 2009 2:26 PM

Moving back to Minnesota?! How did that happen?

Got the runners and sashes, btw. They're beautiful!

Posted by: Taryn at May 6, 2009 4:45 PM

Welp, I've had two years of free money and now it's time for me to earn my keep again! J will be on fellowship for at least a year, so he can work on his diss in MN. I'll be teaching or grading or whatever. Also, defending in the fall!!!

Posted by: villain at May 13, 2009 2:01 PM

I feel that elected officials need to do more things like this for the people.

Posted by: James at August 27, 2011 2:59 PM