« Just a List, No Pix | Main | Once A Month »

Out of the Wilderness

So we were in Montana this weekend for a wedding. It was pretty and the people were very sweet, but I think we might have done pretty much all there is to do (aside from outdoor sportz) and seen all there is to see in Montana. I am a city girl. What can I say? There were a few cute spots, such as the Dragon Hollow Play Area/A Carousel for Missoula:

dragginholler.jpg

Possibly the world's creepiest mannequin:
mannequin.jpg

On to the wedding: here I am, Bridesvillain in action! I was pleased with how the dress came out. I will definitely be wearing it again. I was also very excited that I was listed in the program as the Bridesvillain. For real. What is cooler than that?
bridesvillain.jpg

With J:
bridesvillain2.jpg

I even got to sew! The hook at the top of Taryn's dress and a button fell off. Just give me a needle and thread and all will be well.
bridesvillainsews.jpg

When we got home, we found a nice surprise: the quilt was back from being long-armed! I really love how it came out. It coordinates well with the one that my mom made for me, though hers is much much more advanced and well-made. I can see how people get bitten by the quilting bug. I was ready to start another one as soon as I saw the finished product. J reminded me that we don't exactly need another blanket and that we are moving in a few months. Drat.
quilty.jpg

Posted by loyd0008 at May 13, 2009 1:35 PM

Dress looks fab, quilt looks great and extra cozy! However, that bouquet is to die for! Ostrich feathers? Wow!

Posted by: lsaspacey at May 13, 2009 3:07 PM

That quilt looks awesome! I remember some of that fabric. Thanks for the compliment on the bouquet lsaspacey! It took forever to make.

Posted by: Taryn at May 13, 2009 3:30 PM

Just wanted you to know i nominated you for a blogging sisterhood award...I am always delighted by your sense of humor and creations! Hope you have a wonderous day!

Posted by: Amy Humphries at May 14, 2009 3:54 PM

I got beat to it...but damn, that bouquet is brilliant.

I discovered the joy of baby blankets as an outlet for the quilting bug--sure, it's cliched, but the parents are always excited (helps to have a big family on that count, I suppose) and you get to change styles and block techniques quickly because you're only ever making these small little things and then moving on to the next--it's a great way to play, and it gets them out of the house for the next move :) (Hate moving so much, btw, but I'm so excited to see you guys again soon)

Posted by: Lisa at May 14, 2009 11:15 PM

Love the quilt, and you look great as usual!

Posted by: bani at May 18, 2009 3:32 PM

That quilt turned out SOOOO nicely!! And I love the Bridesvillain dress too...I have V8468, it's nice to see that it can be made semi-formal/cocktail with different material! :)

Posted by: Sara at May 22, 2009 11:34 AM

I work for http://www.lvmannequins.com and we get a lot of creepy mannequins in our wharehouse but I must say the one you have in that picture really does take the cake!

Posted by: Mike at February 20, 2010 5:05 PM

Very nice quilt, I have something similar made by my grandmother. I would tell J that such a quilt is a "must have", not just a blanket.

Also..gotta agree about the mannequin. Certainly doesn't entice me to buy a t-shirt.

Posted by: Marcus at April 25, 2010 1:33 AM

I feel that elected officials need to do more things like this for the people.

Posted by: James at August 27, 2011 2:29 PM

Posted by: James at August 27, 2011 2:38 PM

Posted by: James at August 27, 2011 2:53 PM

Posted by: James at August 27, 2011 2:54 PM

Amazing! You did a great job. You should write a lot!

Posted by: n8 review at October 6, 2011 8:41 AM

I can’t believe I was lucky enough to find this article. I love this kind of content because it gives a lot of great information.

Posted by: Marti Polzin at October 17, 2011 7:09 AM