Main | June 2005

petalline

I have been working on felted flowers for the past week or so. Finally, today after work I put them onto little pins. I made five total. The first one here is destined for my mom and the next for me. My mom's got a bit squished in the scanner. This leads to the main reason why I haven't been a very frequent poster: no digital camera. The scanning worked pretty well for these petite darlings, but wouldn't be quite so useful when applied to, um, me in a sweater. Oh well. Perhaps soon I will splurge. The camera would be nice for my and J's little roadtrip coming up soon. Saying: "things are looking pretty good with X" or "oh I just finished the cutest little Y" doesn't have quite the same effect or draw sans pictures. Admittedly, this is one of the reasons I read these things in the first place: I am an image whore.

momsflower.gif

flowerpin.gif

I am also attempting to sew. My first projects will be two cute little A-lines in the following lovely fabrics from Crafty Planet:

fabric1.gif

fabric2.gif

Delicious! Not too sure how the whole sewing thing is going to work out, but my goal is to have at least one of them done by the time we leave for VA the week after next. I still need to start those handkerchiefs I am embroidering for my dad and work on J's sox. Good thing I am not working much next week. It would cut into my craft time a bit too much.

Posted by loyd0008 at 7:47 PM

the bad beginning

This being my first real entry besides some ol' photos, I should make it at least moderately readable. I suppose I wanted one of these damned things because most of my real-space friends are not quite as, well, obsessive about this whole knitting thing as I seem to have become. (ain't that the truth adds a smart-mouthed boyfriend)

My lovely raging hormones keeping me from playing well with others, for a large part of work today I sat by myself on the 3rd floor of the museum, knitting Cold Shoulder by Glampyre in a delicious red (Cascade Sierra). Lots of little old ladies thought it was oh-so-cute. Mostly, I wanted them to go to hell, but you know. We are doing this show on a contemporary illuminated manuscript and since I work at the museum shop, Christian Capitalism can be seen daily rearing its ugly head. My gauge is off in places, but I think that a good blocking will set it straight.

All of my current projects (Naturwolle cardigan, cold shoulder, boyfriend sox) are on rather small needles and not progressing quite as quickly as I'd like. I had to make a little shoulder warmer on some honkin' 15's (2 days) just to feel like I'm actually accomplishing something. I have a sort of residual belief in "progress", some kind of archaic holdover from the modernist paradigm. When will I ever learn?

Of course, I always seem to pick just the wrong time to undertake projects in which I expect immediate results. For example, this little blogging adventure. Who knew that hormones could make such short work of what tenuous grasp on sanity I had left? I did, I guess, but I trudged on nevertheless. Sadly, part of my hysteria managed to be contagious and until J and I got some yummy Punch pizza, we were both looney tunes.

In other news, yesterday some guy was clubbed to death with a baseball bat a few blocks from my apartment. I heart the ghetto.

Posted by loyd0008 at 11:44 PM

a snuggle.

shrug.jpg

Posted by loyd0008 at 11:00 PM

boyfriend sweater

hotWS.jpg

Posted by loyd0008 at 10:42 PM

tempting

tempting.jpg

Posted by loyd0008 at 10:38 PM

first of the FOs

spaceinvaders.jpg

spaceinvaders2.jpg

Posted by loyd0008 at 10:22 PM