January 2006 | Main | March 2006

Chocolate Mint

Here is the dress that I made. Fits pretty well, though I had to take it in in several places, so if I make it again, I will make the smaller size. I have been sewing up a storm the past few nights. My Betsy Ross Girly Dress inthis lovely pink and brown fabric from Crafty Planet is cut and ready to start, but I think that I will actually knit tonight instead. I feel as though I am not making sufficient progress on Tubey, though the end is in sight... I hope.

chocolatemint-004.jpg

When I originally typed tonight's title, I typed Chocolate Minds. I suppose that means I have something on the brain... My blood sugar has been all over the map lately. The judicious application of chocolate doesn't sound like a bad idea. I am always amazed at how drastic the difference in my mood and overall wellbeing before and after eating are. Like two entirely different people. Freakish, really. Also, frustrating. Even with a constant supply of snacks, it seems to fluctuate so. PMS doesn't help. Not a bit. I think I'll finish off the last of the Choxie. mmmmmm.....

Posted by loyd0008 at 8:03 PM

4:00 4zn

I was up until after 4:00 AM the other night. Now, normally I am asleep somewhere about the midnight hour, however much Sunkist and determination kept me working on the following shirt. I finished it last night and wore it to work today. No other article of clothing has garnered me so many compliments. Yay! Looking at the last few entries, I am sensing an Asian fetish...I mean "theme". Can't wait until Taryn goes to Taiwan and furnishes me with many yummy Asian fabrics!!

4znshirt-002.jpg

I am off to put in a zipper on the Chocolate Mint Dress. Wish me luck.

Posted by loyd0008 at 7:13 PM

Laugh!

Hello. I am very very tired for no apparent reason. Just woke up from a nap on the couch and am extremely disoriented. Best time to post. I have been sewing and doing some knitting as of late and, of course, avoiding grad skool work. Tubey is well under way. I love the berry and lettuce colors together. I modified the sleeves to be 3/4 and fitted instead of belled. I know that some variation in my wardrobe might be nice, but I also know that I am significantly less likely to wear the thing if it has el poof-o sleeves.

laugh!.jpg

I made a reversible apron from an A-line skirt pattern. The sash is detachable and works great with jeans. Haven't actually gotten a chance to wear the apron yet, but it will be good when I am in a hostess mood because one side matches the pillows on the couch and the other (and sash), the new cover I made for our new chair, pictured below.

Who knew tea could be so... dangerous?

laugh!-001.jpg

laugh!-002.jpg

laugh!-003.jpg

New Ikea chair in action. This sucker took most of yesterday to cover and put together. Good thing I am so patient and easy to get along with.

laugh!-005.jpg

Those geishas rule the school. If you look at the lamp table behind the chair, you can see the stacks of books that comprise the majority of my booklist. How much of these have I read? Most. How much do I remember? Don't ask.

Finally, The Greater Mossdog Sweater in all its glory. In my attempt to be Professional Photo Taker, I directed J to "hold this cup and start to drink out of it [empty, of course] and then laugh like I just said something funny". Ah. Only in the most ironic of ways did I succeed. But, in the end, I did. With the help of the Best Model Beknownst to Me, of course...

laugh!-011.jpg

laugh!-010.jpg

Posted by loyd0008 at 10:32 PM