A&F: Getting Scandalous

Abercrombie & Fitch has pushed the limits even further than before with their new marketing for the Holiday season.

Holiday shoppers at West End in St. Louis Park told Kare 11 that the picture is "compromising," "trashy," and "not appropriate."

"It's going a little bit beyond the edge," John Marinovich, CEO of AB Group One, told Kare 11. "This type of buzz, talk value, is huge for this brand."

In the past decade, news outlets across the nation have reported on the controversy of Abercrombie & Fitch, according to Kare 11.

"I don't think it's appropriate," said Patrick Williams, a holiday shopper at West End. "I mean, you can market clothes and sell clothes without being that edgy."

According to a Wall Street Journal article, sales have jumped 21% last quarter compared to last year, as told by Kare 11.

"I'm not sure that there isn't a little more cache to young people for having their parents not like the brand," Marinovich said addressing why Abercrombie & Fitch thrives. "So you could either ban your children from buying clothes there or put them in private school with uniforms."