Wrap Up

The online listmaker is such a handy tool to use. I currently am using it daily as an organizational tool. It is much more efficient than handwriting lists of tasks.
A new level of awareness has been raised for me concerning the many useful tools that are out there that a technology challenged person like myself can actually use.
This process is such a user friendly way for the working person to learn even though I'm probably not going to use every tool that we learned about but it's still good for me to know that they are available.
I would definitely be open to participating in another enrichment opportunity if something like this is offered again.
Thanks!

Web Conferencing

Through some quick tutoring, I was able to set up web conferencing for our August monthly staff meeting. It worked well for me. I went in and made some adjustments to the pods just now and discovered the pointer and the white board overlay. They would be neat to use for future presentations. I also discovered that there are buttons to use to click through the powerpoint slides instead of using the keyboard to do that. There are no doubt many other features available that would be slick to use with monthly web conferencing. Need to check more of those out.....

Instant Messaging

This tool has merit for use with a colleague who works from home and with whom I need to communicate on a regular basis throughout the day. Definitely worth a look.....

social networking

I could see this tool working to draw out student themes from a world veiw perspective.

Productivity Tools

I really like the TaDa List site as I'm an avid listmaker. I am also considering the Backpack site as this site, too, may well be a valuable tool for me on a daily basis.

Wikis

Wikis have lots of quick information on a specific topic. I've heard the term but had no clue what they were and now I know! Thanks!

Adding a podcast

It was interesting to search the food channels for all kinds of ideas related to cooking--especially ethnic recipes! Very useful for a someone who is alwasy looking for new food ideas.

Bonnie's Blog

Amazing! The use of the plethora of photos and images are only limited by one's imagination.

RSS Feeds

It's enlightening to realize what can be done with a few tools. I'll wait to see if I got it right.

Setting up a blog

first post test