For my Final piece I have decided to shoot two stop motion animations with my digital camera and then rotoscope over each frame. When they are finished i plan to make them each into flip books.
Each final animation is going to be focused on the moment someone receives bad news. I was inspired to create these animations from a photo series that i have been working on this semester that also centers around this concept. Below i will share most of process of where i am up until this point.
First i created a few images to get a feel for the line quality that i wanted to try for. I created them on photoshop with the use of my tablet and a few photos. A few images I added color, but realized that it would take to much time so i decided to just use black lines on white for my final.
Once i had a feel for drawing over the images and decided on my line quality, i made a quick short for practice. It is pretty sloppy but i did it quick, and it really gave me an idea for what i was in for. For this one i used a part of one of the stop motions that i created earlier.
Once i had created that and saw how it looked, I went out and shot my first final animation. There was a total of around 65 images for the first one and i managed to cut that down to 53 for my final. Creating it was simple but it was incredible time consuming. It took me a few solid days work to get the sample done that I showed in class the other week (which i will post below).
Seeing the sample though made me determined to finish though know matter how long it would take. I have shot my second animation but do not have a sample video as of yet to show. I am finally done with my first one and now i just have to focus on getting it printed (which i will post about later). It still amazes me how much time it takes to create animations in this style, much respects to director Richard Linklater.