Where Was Pantyhose Head?

maas.jpg

Hovan Sulked on the Sidelines

Yesterday, Chris Hovan was a healthy scratch against Jacksonville. Oh, how the (high and) mighty have fallen.

I"ve never have had admiration for Hovan. Hovan, whom I often ridicule for wearing a hair net (thus the Pantyhose Head reference), never lived up to his own hype. And I saw through it from day one.

Hovan, who was not listed on the injury report, yielded his spot in the starting lineup to Spencer Johnson a week ago. This time around, Hovan also has coughed up his game-day roster spot.

Hovan is scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent after the season, and it's becoming more and more obvious that the Vikings won't try to re-sign him. Given his performance over the past two seasons, it's unlikely that anyone will offer him anything more than a minimum-salary contract.

As one league insider was said to utter Sunday afternoon, Hovan "has never been anything special." The source describes Hovan's reputation as "a classic case of marketing by him, his agent and those that like to kiss ass. He created an image through showmanship and bullsh-t that never equaled his play. Never."

Posted by maasx003 at November 29, 2004 8:16 AM