« Seven Injured after Drive-by Shooting in Chicago | Main | 70th Anniversary of Kristallnacht Acknowledged Sunday »

Minnesota Astronaut to Travel to Space this Week

Heidemarie Stefanyshyn-Piper of ST. Paul will travel to space Friday night in order to clean and lubricate a jammed solar-wing rotating joint. (PioneerPress.com)

Stefanyshyn-Piper will be the lead spacewalker on the shuttle flight that is to reach the international space station, and will be the first woman to do so. The flight will be her second, and calls for three spacewalks in order to perform the necessary maintenance on the solar-wing rotating joint.

As opposed to this adventure, on the space shuttle Endeavor, Stefanyshyn-Piper's first and only other mission called for two spacewalks. That mission took place in 2006.

I was just searching for this information for some time. After 6 hours of continuous Googleing, at last I got it in your web site. I wonder what's the lack of Google strategy that don't rank this kind of informative sites in top of the list. Generally the top websites are full of garbage.