Inspired by Andy Goldsworthy...

Andy Goldsworthy's work really was inspirational. To see someone expend so much effort on an indefinite outcome is refreshing as well as reassuring that there are genuine humans in this world, which is sometimes difficult to detect in this increasingly digital and impersonal age. Witnessing the devotion and passion he harbors for what he does only makes me hopeful that I will end up doing something with my life that I will truly care about and that I can look forward to working towards every day. I enjoyed seeing how Goldsworthy dealt with the discouragement of failed attempts...it wasn’t so discouraging to him, I guess. He learned from it, saying through the process of each attempt he gained more knowledge about the material, for example, when he was constructing the stone structure. I also enjoyed watching him create things that were so genuinely representative of the vibe/emotion he wished to convey. His determination is so admirable; being able to take credit for such creations must be so rewarding, but half the time the exhausting amounts of effort expended aren't even reimbursed with the reward...I guess learning from the mistake or the experience and knowledge gained through the creative process is the reward. Or at least what makes it worth it. And eventually there is an end result, even if it does take five attempts.