« ::resume:: | Main | NEXT! »

stabbed in the arm...

so looking back on my painting job, my fellow painters listened to a lot of rap. they would have outkast days, and kanye west days, and B96 days. mike he especially liked kanye west. mike is a good christian now, and back in HS he was stabbed in the arm with a knife during a fight. i saw the scar, pretty crazy. he said he pulled it out right away cause he didn't like the idea of having a knife stuck deep down into his bone. he went into a lot of detail of how he could see his muscles flex, like the actual muscles after he pulled out the knife. and how he lost 1/5th of his blood.

we obviously didnt have much in common seeing as he was a huge guy who has been stabbed and i am a scrawny kid yet to be in a fight. he likes mostly rap, i like mostly punk. so when we would talk for long periods of time it would either be about how much we hate painting or how much we love Jesus. Kanye West he has a good song that i actually enjoyed a lot because of the lyrics {plus it is catchy} called "jesus walks" {you kids may have seen it on MTV}. in this song he goes into how rappers should write some more meaningful songs than the typical sex and drugs ditty. and with clever lyrics like: "The way Kathie Lee needed Regis that's the way yall need Jesus" how could you not like the song? anyways this song has been in my head forever.

check out the lyrics--->

ARTIST: Kanye West
SONG: "Jesus Walks"
ALBUM: College Dropout

Yo, We at war
We at war with terrorism, racism, and most of all we at war with ourselves
(Jesus Walks)
God show me the way because the Devil trying to break me down
(Jesus Walks with me) with me with me with me [fades]

You know what the Midwest is?
Young & Restless
Where restless Niggaz might snatch your necklace
And next these Niggaz might jack your Lexus
Somebody tell these Niggaz who Kanye West is
I walk through the valley of Chi where death is
Top floor the view alone will leave you breathless Uhhhh!
Try to catch it Uhhhh! It's kinda hard hard
Getting choked by the detectives yeah yeah now check the method
They be asking us questions, harass and arrest us
Saying "we eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast"
Huh? Yall eat pieces of shit? What's the basis?
We ain't going nowhere but got suits and cases
A trunk full of coke rental car from Avis
My momma used to say only Jesus can save us
Well momma I know I act a fool
But I'll be gone til November I got packs to move I Hope

[Hook x2]
(Jesus Walks)
(Jesus Walks with me)
The only thing that that I pray is that me feet don't fail me now
(Jesus Walks)
And I don't think there is nothing I can do now to right my wrongs
(Jesus Walks with me)
I want to talk to God but I'm afraid because we ain't spoke in so long

To the hustlas, killers, murderers, drug dealers even the strippers
To the victims of Welfare for we living in hell here hell yeah
Now hear ye hear ye want to see Thee more clearly
I know he hear me when my feet get weary
Cuz we're the almost nearly extinct
We rappers are role models we rap we don't think
I ain't here to argue about his facial features
Or here to convert atheists into believers
I'm just trying to say the way school need teachers
The way Kathie Lee needed Regis that's the way yall need Jesus
So here go my single dog radio needs this
They say you can rap about anything except for Jesus
That means guns, sex, lies, video tapes
But if I talk about God my record won't get played Huh?
Well let this take away from my spins
Which will probably take away from my ends
Then I hope this take away from my sins
And bring the day that I'm dreaming about
Next time I'm in the club everybody screaming out

(Jesus Walks)
God show me the way because the devil trying to break me down
(Jesus Walks)

hey david i should check this out more often, uh so i was wondering if you could tell me what kinds of things you personally feel are important in the upcoming election and then what sorts of things would convince u to go the other way. also if u have insight on other young republicans feel free. if ur willing feel free to comment on my site or here, i'll be back to check. if u would like me to do the same i could come up with a few points i wish kerry would improve on or that bush needs to ever get even a thought from me. but i'll leave that up to ya.
---its not so much that i want to go around talking young republicans out of their vote more i want to get the debates fired up so that people at least know why and what they are voting for you know?

probably one of the biggest issues i know for republicans is the issue of abortion. you know i am strongly pro life, but i know Bush has done little about this issue, and that is part of the reason as to why i considered the constitution party. however i also know that kerry is confusing on this issue, saying he believes that life begins at conception then going back and saying it is some different form of life, and i know kerry even supports partial birth abortions which i believe even pro-choice people should be against because of its utter grossness.

the hot issue right now though seems to be the war. which in my mind no sane person would ever want to go to war, but sometimes it is neccesary, and i believe that our government saw the need to take out sadaam {even though we built him up}. i think that their may have been a better way to go about this, but i don't think that we should just leave the country now. i think we should find out what the newly freed iraq people would like to do, and if they ask for help we give it.

economics wise-both parties always believe they have the right answer to a stronger economy and they find the numbers they need to support that. i believe the tax cuts that republicans make can be shady at times, but think that if you become successful that you should not be punished for hard work by more taxes. tax cuts and less government spending is a good thing. in most cases republicans have less government spending because they have fewer government programs and rely on faith based, but because of the war they obviously have spent a lot.

i don't know if any of this helps, you will probably want to rip into some of my response, but i know we both believe that we each know the right choice to make, even though we are making 2 different choices. when i run the government though it will be way better though. {the awesome party will have the most awesomest platform}

aight, yeah i mean i obviously feel a bit different but no thats pretty helpful, i think its good that u are analyzing what bush is acctually doing rather than the perceived notion. like with the war thing i think its silly (and silly in war means attrocious) that bush didnt have a plan to get out, or make things better or anything. Kerry's plan (though not very detailed makes sense and seems to be what we should have had in the first place) but a lot of republicans are saying "yeah but not bush wants the same thing, to go about it the same way" which is probably good, but considering his record of act first think later i dont know that hes the right man for the international power we throw around ya know? its not so much that i think other countries dont have faults as well its just i see a need for international unity on issues or mass suffering everywhere will take place. and say with issues like iraq i do think saddam was a shitty leader but obviously i dont agree with our choice in ways of taking him out. to me it seems rather dictator like to just up and decide to take out another leader regardless of his good/bad scale ya know? and yes running from iraq now would be utterly stupid, and anyone who wants that is only asking for more shit, but we do need to make sure we are helpign them look out for their interests not helping them look out for ours. i think its shady we put in such obvious western influenced capitalists as the interim government, they need leaders they can relate to, people who struggled with them, not those who ran and chilled in western countries for a few years.

also as a side note (and i know many disagree with this) but i think its sad that as of right now we still havent even given as much peace security and freedom to the people of iraq as saddam did. its sad when the "liberating" force enslaves further.

david i checked out the constitution party and it sort of freaked me out because even though stereotypes suck i can totally see everyone living on little ranches surrounded by walls and guns and education going down the toilet and sort of a return to the west of a couple hundred years ago. as in gangs and militias taking over. i think its an interesting theory but its basically calling for a return to the US being an uostart nation, like preWW actually pre civil war, considering they think statehood is voluntary and dont like strong presidencies. it remind me of anarchists who think no government should exist but dont realize the intense need, and i do understand the return to local government but i just dont see it happening with americans.

also whats the deal with anti-abortion/pro death penalty? thats just a weird concept to me

pretty much they were the one party i found while looking in my brief search for alternatives to bush. the pro life/pro death penalty is something that i am uneasy about at times, because i feel even after committing such horrible crimes people can still change {however rare, but there is still the possibilty}. there is no party that perfectly matches me i guess. that is why i keep talking up the awesome party i will create.

...and let's not forget about this kanye west song, which is also awesome.

yeah. jesus walks is one of my fav songs. that is why i made so many videos. it's beyond music.

keep on bumpin my music. take care. it's your boi kanye 2 the west. peace....