« July 2004 | Main | September 2004 »

'if it's once i got it, if it's twice i don't...'

10 days ago or so i paid for rent for the last half of august and the beginning of august next year. now 10 days later i am paying rent for semptember.

all funds i have, have now been cut in half.

:(

politics schmolitics...

so i am watching the republican convention, just as i watched the democratic convention, and let me tell you...John McCain is what more politicians should be like. he discourages negative attacks, and helps to unite parties, speaks his heart and does not simply follow party lines. and the zing he made at michael moore was humerous as well as very serious. i think i see McCain goin for president in 2008. just a guess.

semi-old school, G!

one of my favorite things to do currently aside from watching baseball, is playing ken griffey baseball on my super nintendo. and i don't mean to give away any of my secrets but i live and die by the hit and run ball, it confuses the computer bad. when they have an easy double play to end the inning they will try and get the guy running home out instead since i sent him running before i hit. ohh, good times. i wave more people home than al newman.

and my SNES is definatly not old school like Nintendo, and not new school like gamecube, rather it is semi-old school. in fact if nintendo consoles went to school their class breakdown would be as such:

freshmans: gamecube
sophmores: N64
juniors: SNES
seniors: NES

and me being in my 3rd year in college i find it appropriate to be playing the SNES, not to mention that the gamecube controller is ridiculous with its joystick and stupid yellow joystick thingy, and what the heck is that dumb purple button for up on top. how many shapes can you put on one controller?

anyways, back to my ken griffey baseball season {i have to make the most of my time before i get a job and start school}.

play ball!

*the nickel tour*

here are some pics of the new place, it's not all done up completly yet. take yer shoes of and get ready for the tour.

on the left as you first walk in you will see the dining room table, all done up with fancy place mats, thanks to the girls:

then behind those white doors you see is what every apartment needs, but not sure how often i will use them:

if you turn to the right as you come in you will hit the kitchen {yes it looks this blurry in person too!} i have no problem doing dishes thanks to the dishwasher:

then look across the bar and hey it's the living room {which is still under much construction} complete with balcony looking down from our fourth floor flat:

heading over to the boys side of the apt you will find our messy sink area:

and our bland bathroom with clear shower curtain...ooo la la:

then steppin into my room we have two shots to try and capture all that is my room:

i hope you enjoyed the tour, hit up the gift shop on yer way out.

my new digs...

i apologize for the previous entry, i was a lil' under the influence of nitrous oxide or something. i guess right when i got home i fell on the couch {cause i was a lil' tipsy} then i got back up and told my mom i wanted to write in my blog. i had a lot of difficulty fguring out the computer. my dad enjoyed the car ride home as i repeated many things. i saw cars double and as they got closer they would become one. i saw cars drive through each other. i could not count how many lanes were in the road.

but anyways...i am in my new apt now! it is sweet awesome, after i am more settled in and healed, i will post some pictures of it.

send some love mail, mail bombs, candy, rent money to:
david mackereth
621 Huron Blvd SE 2401C
Minneapolis, MN 55414

lots of puff, lots of fluff

*BREAKING NEWS*the s tory fter wisdom teeth,

it went fast on the drive home their were loyts of cars thast had twins then they would be one. i can not walk too well. it was noyt as i thought it would be. i cant remeber what i wrote but the coumputer deleted it and it wasw way better. i cant rember h a t ityped before maybe it is the cotton in my mouyh distrcting me.

i can not feaal my mouth except sometimes i feel blood dripping:

i think i have puff cheecks too:

scream my last scream...

well today i am gettin my wisdom teeth out @ 12.50pm. so if you are the praying type, pray for a quick recovery since i move into my apartment on saturday.

seeing that my mouth was going to be somewhat out of commission after today i decided to take advantage of my mouth time left last night. i made the most of my mouth last night, no not by making out, but by screaming for the twins. after watching the twins beat the yanks 8-2 on TV tuesday, i went to the game with my father and watched them rock the yanks 7-2 on wed. but this was only the beginning.

last night, i journeyed out to the metrodome one more time with my friends ryan and charles in hopes of a sweep. i was gonna leave my voice on the field. despite joe nathan's dissappointment in his inability to put the game away for the twins it was a good game. with the twins down 9-3, the came back with amazinng clutch hitting by shannon stewart to take the lead 10-9 going into the 9th. i believe my friends and i had a good deal to do with this, as we started numerous "Yankees Suck!" chants, especially directing them towards the yankee fans in front of us. my voice was partially lost after we made our comeback, but i kept screaming. despite the loss i am glad i went and gave it my all with impending doom on my wisdom teeth approaching today.

the drunk guy in the pink and green polo {with collar upright} next to me was a nice frat type of guy who was very talkative. unfortunatly he drank a lot of beer, and a lot of that beer ended up on my sweatshirt i left on the ground.

while being blown out of the metrodome doors, the brooms put away, we were able to keep our heads up high by knowing that we at least took the series 2 games to 1, and making sure that we would yell that at every yankee fan {sellouts} we saw. we departed the high tech parking lot with talking machines and headed home. i began some of my packing/organizing/laundry because i do not think i will want to do much of that tomorrow.

this is the last time i will be typing with my wisdom teeth. triste.

{orchestrated olympic orchestra}

so while watching the olympics, i figured out what helps make the olympics seem so majestic...it is their crazy placing of faces in shadows along with some huge orchestra hall ensamble of musical clamorings. throw in the rings with an emotional story of each athlete and what they went through, and the olympics has you like a fish, not a smart fish, but a fish that gets caught.

so i think when i become all rich and famous after making my amzing blockbuster movie The Box and creating a new political party called The Awesome Party, i will hire my own personal large orchestra to follow me and compose music to match my every movement all Fantasia style. every morning i wake up it would be all Rocky boxer style, and then when i am out on a date all smooth seducing style. and of course when i want to be majestic like the olympics they throw in a lot of horns and some rings {see fig. 1} and boom.

Figure 1: Some Rings...

it will be just like the old cartoons, like Tom and Jerry. i could start running for no reason at all, and boom they would have the running music, and then my hallways would just keep repeating themselves and go on forever. and then i would have some soothing music for when it is time to go back to bed, only to start out the next day once again with eye of the tiger.

and just like a musical masterpiece i will end with...

||

jam out to this...

i dont think i have put the format music on here yet, i don't know why?!?!

you all should do yourself a favor and pick up their album. it is called interventions and lullabies. and let me tell you i need some lullabies because i am getting a serious case of insomnia again. sometimes i just think wayyyy too much at night when i am sposed to be sleeping. boo! >_<

NEXT!

1 job applcation turned in {online style}
1 job offered {poor location}
i hope i keep up those good odds.

stabbed in the arm...

so looking back on my painting job, my fellow painters listened to a lot of rap. they would have outkast days, and kanye west days, and B96 days. mike he especially liked kanye west. mike is a good christian now, and back in HS he was stabbed in the arm with a knife during a fight. i saw the scar, pretty crazy. he said he pulled it out right away cause he didn't like the idea of having a knife stuck deep down into his bone. he went into a lot of detail of how he could see his muscles flex, like the actual muscles after he pulled out the knife. and how he lost 1/5th of his blood.

we obviously didnt have much in common seeing as he was a huge guy who has been stabbed and i am a scrawny kid yet to be in a fight. he likes mostly rap, i like mostly punk. so when we would talk for long periods of time it would either be about how much we hate painting or how much we love Jesus. Kanye West he has a good song that i actually enjoyed a lot because of the lyrics {plus it is catchy} called "jesus walks" {you kids may have seen it on MTV}. in this song he goes into how rappers should write some more meaningful songs than the typical sex and drugs ditty. and with clever lyrics like: "The way Kathie Lee needed Regis that's the way yall need Jesus" how could you not like the song? anyways this song has been in my head forever.

check out the lyrics--->

ARTIST: Kanye West
SONG: "Jesus Walks"
ALBUM: College Dropout

Yo, We at war
We at war with terrorism, racism, and most of all we at war with ourselves
(Jesus Walks)
God show me the way because the Devil trying to break me down
(Jesus Walks with me) with me with me with me [fades]

You know what the Midwest is?
Young & Restless
Where restless Niggaz might snatch your necklace
And next these Niggaz might jack your Lexus
Somebody tell these Niggaz who Kanye West is
I walk through the valley of Chi where death is
Top floor the view alone will leave you breathless Uhhhh!
Try to catch it Uhhhh! It's kinda hard hard
Getting choked by the detectives yeah yeah now check the method
They be asking us questions, harass and arrest us
Saying "we eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast"
Huh? Yall eat pieces of shit? What's the basis?
We ain't going nowhere but got suits and cases
A trunk full of coke rental car from Avis
My momma used to say only Jesus can save us
Well momma I know I act a fool
But I'll be gone til November I got packs to move I Hope

[Hook x2]
(Jesus Walks)
(Jesus Walks with me)
The only thing that that I pray is that me feet don't fail me now
(Jesus Walks)
And I don't think there is nothing I can do now to right my wrongs
(Jesus Walks with me)
I want to talk to God but I'm afraid because we ain't spoke in so long

To the hustlas, killers, murderers, drug dealers even the strippers
To the victims of Welfare for we living in hell here hell yeah
Now hear ye hear ye want to see Thee more clearly
I know he hear me when my feet get weary
Cuz we're the almost nearly extinct
We rappers are role models we rap we don't think
I ain't here to argue about his facial features
Or here to convert atheists into believers
I'm just trying to say the way school need teachers
The way Kathie Lee needed Regis that's the way yall need Jesus
So here go my single dog radio needs this
They say you can rap about anything except for Jesus
That means guns, sex, lies, video tapes
But if I talk about God my record won't get played Huh?
Well let this take away from my spins
Which will probably take away from my ends
Then I hope this take away from my sins
And bring the day that I'm dreaming about
Next time I'm in the club everybody screaming out

(Jesus Walks)
God show me the way because the devil trying to break me down
(Jesus Walks)

::resume::

yeah so i sort of made one of these, probably won't be using it for any of the jobs i will apply for. but i think tomorrow i will go look for jobs...maybe. cause today i kind of had a summer day of old, but really young. like the sort of summer day one would have as a child. where they have nothing to do but sleep in and watch cartoons. it was fun, but i think i should try and be a little more productive.

today i worked with a hoe...

...and an axe, and a shovel, and a chainsaw. i took down a tree from the backyard, it had to be done. it was planted as a wee pine, but this wee pine was becoming a green giant. and i had lots of time to do it being jobless and all. i also mowed the lawn. doing yard work and physical labor makes me excited for when i have my own house and own yard someday to improve upon. and just standing in the yard with a house watering the grass and drinking pepsi twist in the sun. hopefully somewhere on the west coast, like oregon or washington. a small house, not a huge house. cause a small house will be easier to take care of.

back to the present: i also spent round a good half an hour peeling at my dead skin {from sunburn}, which could quite possibly be one of my most favoritest weird things to do.

i also know now that i will be gettin my wisdom teeth out on aug 20th, the day before i move into my apartment...sweet. i guess 3 of them are connected to the jaw bone or something so that will be extra sweet. and opposed to the usual mothers soothing words of comfort, my mom said "you are going to be in soo much pain."

yup, gots to find me a job.

JETSON, you're fired!

the mobile {that is what the brits call it} rings, i look at the screen and see the number of my boss cory.

me: hey, what's up?
cory: hey is this david?
me: yup
cory: hey david, it's cory. how ya doin?
me: aight
cory: hey with things slowing down this summer, i am gonna let ya go...for the rest of the summer.
me: ok
cory: but you have 2 checks left, so we will set up a time so you get those, and i want the paintbrush back to.
me: ok sounds good.
cory: aight lata.

so that is the end of that job i guess. i am not the type of person to be fired. but i was getting really sick of that job and ready to quit anyway, so i guess it is only best. now i will have time to find a job around the U like i was plannin on before, as well as just enjoy the remainder of the summer. i think i am in shock. oh well.

to be written...

this space will son be filled with wonderful stories about my time with some friends at J-Lo's (jolene's) cabin in motley, mn. {possibly some pictures too!}

::HERE IT IS::

i had so much fun this weekend. i have become so bored during this summer, all i think about is painting houses. this was a well needed break. i got to chill with 4 sweet awesome people from college, and just have fun. no painting neccesary. aside from a slight burn, it was fun, fun, fun!

here is a glimpse, courtesy of m@--->
the 5 of us:

in the water:

out of water:

string cheese eating:

fish:

fire:

fun!