« September 2004 | Main | November 2004 »

oink, oink! it's bacon day!

bacon day falls upon a friday or a saturday every week, in apt 2401. it is a celebration of grease and feast. it is marked by a large fog that falls upon the apartment since the oven fan does not have a hood. it is remembered for up to three days by the scent of greasy bacon.

there are different positions that we alternate between in order to make a successful celebration of fat.

the buyer: this person buys a pack of bacon from the grocery store.

the cooker: this person cooks the bacon. often when i cook, i happen to be wearing my piggly wiggly shirt.

the cleaner: this person cleans up after the cooker.

the fanner: this person fans the smoke away from the smoke detectors, as to avoid alarm (as we learned goes off today). this position will be replaced by a fan in the near future, as to make a more efficient bacon day.

upon completion of bacon day we rest in our satisfaction as the grease settles into our stomachs. occasionally it can be accompanied by orange juice. bacon day is part of a complete breakfast, as well as a complete week.

the itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout...

down came the rain and washed the spider out!

out came no sun because the rain keeps coming down. the floodgates in heaven are wide open. forming lakes upon the concrete sidewalks and streets. little rivers and tributaries empty out into these lakes and waterfall into the sewers.

at least i finished my last midterm today, but it is so wet out that even huggies wouldn't keep me dry. the concrete lakes were so deep that my chuck taylors dove down like the red october, thoroughly saturating my socks and the lower half of my pants. so i returned home, and put on dry clothes. now i must get ready to gather two of every living creature, one male and one female. because rain is in the forecast for a long while.

2 down, 2 to go.

i have already had two midterms and one paper, and i have two more still. all within one week of each other.

2:15am

Bzzz, Bzzzz, Bzzz!

sweet a fire alarm as i was about to go to bed. good thing it was 45 degrees out, and good thing i was wearing shorts and sandals. and good thing it is probably all because of some stupid drunk pulling the fire alarm. hey looking at the bright side, the two fire trucks arrived quite fast.

goodbye, goodnight.

one, two...

...three was the name of the first band at the show i attended tonight. they were incorrectly named. i would have named them four because they tried to make four genres of music fit together like a mishapen jigsaw puzzle. and just like a four piece jigsaw puzzle they sucked. their vocals were semi-coheed, their guitars were semi-classical spanish, their drums were semi-hardcore, their overall sound was semi-metallica, and together these four pieces were entirely (not semi wretched.

underoath was the reason for my presence at this show. i saw the end of their set at cornerstone a few summers back, but i did not endure the full experience until tonight. and i was blasted with veneration. with three blazing guitars, keyboards, a singing drummer, and screaming lead vocalist, they rocked harder than i could have expected from listening to their most recent cd, they're only chasing safety {which is also sweet awesome}. i bought a zip up hoodie bearing their name, and when i got home i went online and bought a shirt of theirs which was on clearance. they rocked me, so now i will rock their apparel.

coheed and cambria was the final act, i stayed for a few songs. i enjoy them but i can only stand his cartoon like voice for so long. they had a fancy schmancy light display, but my roommate josephine and i left before they finished their set. we already had our fill thanks to the wonderful experience that is underoath.

'I've been up at this all night long
I've been drowning in my sleep
I've prayed for your safe place
And its time for us to leave'

a slow and painful death...

...just what the yankees deserve. Go BoSox!

kingdom of the dinosaurs!

earlier today in my copywriting class, we got this in-class assignment which my teacher put together real quick before class. (this picture is a recreation of the teachers picture)

here is what i wrote:

your parents are as old as dinosaurs.
they learned how to make fire
and invented the wheel.
dinosaurs chomp people.
your parents are people.
dinosaurs could have eaten your parents.
but your parents figured out how to use
the Nikon Coolpix and the flash
scared the dinosaur away.
thusly, you and the digital camera were born.
good thing it was easy to use.

needless to say, what i wrote was a lot different than what everyone else wrote. i cant say if that is a good thing or a bad thing. hey it's monday.

chomp, chomp!

intervention

Matthew 5
29If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

here is my addition to this passage...
...if your roommates xBox causes you to play burnout 3 excessively, let him take it from the living room and throw it back in his own room. it is better for you to work partially on video games and partially on productive things than for your whole work to be thrown into video games.

this intervention from my roommate was needed as i have 4 midterms and a paper in the next two weeks.

ps-roommate tom reaches near death so i reach death cab for cutie
tom has had a fever for a few days now, it got up to 102 before the death cab show so i went as a proxy for him. {i was not planning on going as i am cutting back on my shows to pay rent, but we could not let this ticket go to waste}. This was the 5th or 6th time i have seen death cab, every time it has been at first avenue. the main difference i have noticed is the audience. we will call them transatlantians. these are people that have become fans with the release of death cab's most recent album transatlanticism. they are the ones that become fans after 'discovering' death cab on MTV subterranean, or hearing them on the OC. they are the ones that look confused as hell when death cab played a song from something about airplanes or even photo album, as if this 'new' band has a ton of 'new' material that they have not heard. sorry i do not mean to rant, i am glad they have fans, it is just hard for me to jam out when the place is sold out. the first time i saw death cab the place was half full. despite the masses, i still jammed out, because death cab is such pretty music. the first band though, travis morrison, i do not know what to think of them. the girl in that band danced like a cheerleader, i have nothing against cheerleaders, it is just that this kind of dancing did not fit the music. and the music had lots of keys. overall a sweet show, i had fun. i am taking tom to the hospital today if he is still feverish. and this long paragraph is done, and if you read it all i congradulate you. i would have lost my way in the jumble of letters numerous times.

pps-maybe i will write about my fake girlfriend annika olauson soon!
whom, by the way, was at the first death cab show i went to.

i am a burnout.

yesterday i played burnout 3 for four hours straight, maybe more. i forgot, too many crashes. today i have already played for an hour or two. i think i am about to play more.

what a dork.

if you want to destroy my sweater...

start this dryer, as i walk away.
watch me unravel, i'll soon be naked.
lying on the floor, lying on the floor.
i've come undone.

crap. i am an idiot sometimes. down one grandpa sweater. the one with the leather elbow pads.

it has to be done, they deserve a good pop in the face. all of them.

i hate you...

...and by you, i mean the yankees.

and by yankees i mean crass, crude, inelegant, uncouth, unrefined, rank, raw, scatological, smutty, offensive, repulsive, revolting, improper poops.

chase what makes your heart flutter.

sitting around watching the twins game, i feel like dick cheney, my heart about to beat itself to death. santana allowed more hits than usual, but the defense behind torii hunter and 5 double plays shut the yanks out!

scene: 6th inning {jacque jones at the plate.}:

me: tom, jacque is going to hit a homerun for his dad, i can feel it.

tom: dave, you are gonna jinx it, you cant do that.

*CRACK*
(david stands up pushing the ball over the wall with his mind)
the ball flys over matsui, and the yankee fans receive a gift from jj.
jacque throws his hand to the air, giving props to his dad as he reaches home plate.

me: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *huge smile on face*

tom: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *shocked face, with a smile*

tom: dave, you need to jinx the game more often so i can un-jinx it.

me: i dont want to waste the magic.

TWINS 1, yanks none.

a change in the weather

since starting college, my faith has been kind of erratic. i have tried to keep the appearance of it always being strong. but after this weekend, i feel that i am on the way up again. and i have not felt this happy and secure in my faith since high school. it is a wonderful feeling.

to better serve you.

i finally got my music situation so that music will now play on both internet explorer {which is good if you like spyware and boys with computer hacking skills} and firefox. firefox is great because it has pop-up blocker, it is more secure than explorer, plus you can browse with tabs, which makes things so easy! i recommend it.

Get Firefox!

also to the right you will now notice that people are talking. this is yet another way to help the interactivity. it shows the most 5 recent areas where comments were posted, so that you can add to the histeria.

and finally at the bottom of all the postings you will find links to the previous 10 entries, so you can access previous postings with more ease than browsing through the archives.

ctrl alt delete