« What is consciousness? | Main | What is Consciousness? »

what does "not moving" mean?

CONFINED
Restricted, limited, cramped, small, curbed, restrained,
SEDATED
Asleep, deadened, out cold, under, knocked out
PHANTOM
Ghost, spector, apparition,
STILL
Motionless, unmoving, at a stand still, at rest, at a halt, tranquil?, silent, quiet, stationary, stagnant, static, at rest, even, calm, relieve emotion, not carbonated, unemotional
ANTONYM:
open

I'm not sure I have experienced not moving, as even the sedentary ways of highly cognitive academic work allow me subtle forms of movement. When I was in my intracellular world I felt a stillness, but within a larger context of living flux and activity. What I am learning is to better appreciate and experience movement in every day life, even as I adjust my posture in my chair in front of this screen. I do admit to quite enjoying our studio movement sessions where I can let myself shift away from my forebrain and open more of myself to less restricted ways of moving.

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this blog. I am hoping the same high-grade site post from you in the upcoming as well. In fact your creative writing skills has inspired me to get my own website now. Actually the blogging is spreading its wings quickly. Your write up is a great example of it.