« All stories come from the Star Tribune | Main | Supreme Court strikes down California's sentencing law »

Iran bars 38 nuclear inspectors in 'a symbolic act of defiance'

Iran has blocked 38 nuclear inspectors from the International Atomic Energy Agency from entering the country to monitor their nuclear facilities. Just days earlier, a senior cleric criticized the president for his nuclear policy, revealing an internal open debate. An Iran expert said that the move to ban the inspectors is only symbolic because there are about 200 inspectors who could be sent.

The lead, "Iran has barred 38 nuclear inspectors on a United Nations list from entering the country, the foreign minister said Monday in what appeared to be retaliation for the U.N. sanctions imposed last month," is a little wordy. It also leaves me asking which foreign minister is being referred to. However, it tells the story succinctly and has the most important information first.

According to the New York Times, two newspapers in the country have also said that the president should stay out of nuclear matters, furthering the open debate.

I think it is very interesting that both newspapers used the same feed from the Associated Press but the articles are very different. I think that the Star Tribune does a very good job of choosing the most important information into the story.