Rat poison found in recalled pet food
Aminopterin, a poison used to kill rats, was found in the pet food that was recalled earlier in the week. It was responsible for the deaths of at least 15 cats and two dogs by causing kidney failure. Menu Foods, the manufacturer, said they will pay pet medical fees attributed to the food.
The New York Times added that there have been a number of lawsuits filed against Menu Foods pertaining to the recalled food.
The article in the New York Times did a much better job of giving details about the story, while the Star Tribune provided all of the most important information.