August 13, 2005


Once again displeased with the way things looked on here, I decided to go on a hackfest. This time around, my syndication/verification buttons have been molded.

Since the W3C verification buttons suck big eggs, I decided I would go with a thin, sleek look. And thanks to Adam Kalsey's Button Maker tool, I could make an Antipixel-esqe banner, but still retain some sort of theme I'm going for on my blog.

Granted, I know these features won't be used very much. But it's more of a principle of vanity in making one's content ęsthetically pleasing and presentable... without the big, blocky icons.

Posted by magnu225 at 9:28 AM

August 12, 2005

Theme Adjustments

Dissatisfied with the default style UMNlib gave me, I decided to do some CSS styling, trying to have some sort of 'theme' attached... ergo the maroon-gold University colours.

The hex code for my "golden" sidebar is #FFFFC4, and it's lighter than what the conventional gold is (perhaps, #FFCC33; taken from an HTML colour wheel), because it's a website background and not a bright banner; albeit, still not quite what I had in mind.

I can also say that it was a lot of fun having to go in and change all the default backgrounds from #FFF (shorthand white) to a nothing so they would inherit the underlying background color... that is to say everything becomes that shade off-gold.

On the bright side, there are the maroon anchor tags (hex: #003366) which don't look too bad. But other than that, I'm pretty thematically-challenged

Posted by magnu225 at 3:12 PM

August 10, 2005

Blog emerges

I'm pretty new to this whole Movable Type business, so it might take some getting used to.

Posted by magnu225 at 10:22 AM