« Jumpstart for Graduate Students Workshops | Main | CFANS Welcome Week Amazing Race 2010 »

I <3 My Librarian

Just a reminder that nominations for the national Carnegie Corporation of New York/New York Times I Love My Librarian Award run through September 20. Nominations are accepted at www.ilovelibraries.org/ilovemylibrarian.

The award invites library users to nominate librarians in college, community college and university libraries, as well those in school and public libraries. Faculty, administrators, students, and alumni nationwide are invited to nominate librarians and tell how they make a difference in their campus community.

Thanks to the generous support of Carnegie Corporation of New York, 10 librarians will win $5,000 and be honored at an awards ceremony in New York in December, hosted by The New York Times.

For tools to help let people in your community learn about the award, see the free promotional tools on the "Promotional Tools for Librarians" link on the award website. In 2008 and 2009, five academic librarians were honored with the award. You can learn about them, as well as other winners, at www.ilovelibraries.org/ilovemylibrarian. Click on the links that say "2009 winners" or "2008 winners."

Winners of the 2010 award will be announced to the public in December. If you have any questions, please e-mail Megan Humphrey at the American Library Association: mhumphrey@ala.org.