« Thanksgiving Break Hours and Resources | Main | New Inter-Library Loan Procedures »

Greetings!

Megan KocherMy name is Megan Kocher and I'd like to introduce myself as the newest librarian in Magrath Library. I officially started working here on November 21st and am serving as a liaison to the departments of Food Science and Nutrition; Animal Science; and Soil, Water, and Climate.

While I am new to the St. Paul campus, I am not new to the University of Minnesota, as I spent the last two years working in Walter Library on the East Bank campus while earning my Master's in Library and Information Science through the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee. I also hold a bachelor's degree in Psychology from Brown University and a certificate from the Mini-MBA program at the University of St. Thomas. I am part of the Personal Information Management Collaborative in the University Libraries and have a particular interest in using technology to make research processes more efficient.

Outside of librarianship, two of my favorite hobbies are music and food. I play the saxophone and the bassoon, and am just starting to learn bass guitar. I love trying out new recipes and am very excited to make my way through the Kirschner Collection here in Magrath.

I look forward to meeting the faculty, staff, and students in my departments and working with you in your research and teaching. If you have questions for me or tips as I find my way around St. Paul, do not hesitate to email me.