« Winter bug may offer climate clues | Main | NOMINATE MINNESOTA'S TOP 10 PLANTS »

Free Tax Help for International Students

This year, as we have in past years, Wilson Library will host free tax help sessions for international students. Well qualified tax practitioners and students with experience in preparing complicated international student tax returns volunteer their time for this free event. International students wishing to get free tax preparation help should have attended an Orientation Session in the 3M Auditorium, Carlson Building, Saturday, January 28, 2012. After that, international students are invited to attend clinics for free personal assistance with their tax returns Tuesdays, between February 7, 2012 and April 10, 2012, except for spring break (March 13, 2012), between 6:00 pm and 8:30 pm, in room S-30B, Wilson Library.

Students need to bring their W2's, 1042's, a completed federal return using Glacier Tax Prep, and they should try to begin filling in the state M1 and M1PR returns. These tax help sessions have been very popular in past years. The Libraries web page explaining where to get free tax help and free tax forms is at: http://www.lib.umn.edu/libdata/page.phtml?page_id=1043 .