« PEOPLE, PLANTS, ANIMALS AND THE (RE-)CONNECTION TO HEALTH | Main | FSTA Cancelled »

Meet Shannon Farrell, the new Natural Resources Librarian

ShannonFWeb.jpgHello from the new Natural Resources Librarian, Shannon Farrell!

I am the new liaison librarian to the departments of Entomology, Forest Resources, and Fisheries, Wildlife & Conservation Biology. As liaison to these departments, I provide assistance with accessing databases, finding and evaluating resources, or helping with any kind of library-related research. I am also responsible for purchasing new materials for the above subject areas, so any new requests should be sent to me. Finally, I am available to speak with classes about the library and library research and can offer consultations on library-related assignments.

I joined the University Libraries in December 2012, having just moved from Colorado State University, where I worked as the Agricultural and Biological Sciences Librarian. Although I am new to the University of Minnesota Libraries, I am not new to the University of Minnesota. I graduated from the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities with a Bachelor of Science in Ecology, Evolution and Behavior and worked in several research laboratories, conducting research on insect and avian systematics, sustainable agriculture and invasive species. I am excited to be back at the University and look forward to working with students, faculty, and staff to meet their research needs.