« Welcome - Introduction to Magrath Circ Blog | Main | Overnight Reserves »

What to do with copier, cash to card or printer problems

Cash to Card

If our Cash to Card machine is malfunctioning call the UCard office at 6-9900. Ask for either Mary or Sarah and give them our location and a brief explanation of what is wrong with the machine. According to the UCard office, the estimated time until service is about 2-3 hours after your call. Let patrons know that the machine is not working, that you have called in about the problem and that it should be fixed in the next couple of hours. You can also refer them to the cash to card machine in the St. Paul student center.

If a patron loses card value or cash due to machine malfunction, or because of a problem with the card itself, a cash refund must be obtained through the UCard office. If a patron still needs to copy or print, offer the use of courtesy card (If you don't know where these are please ask a supervisor).


Most of the problems with the copiers we are now expected to repair ourselves. If there is a paper jam, do your best to find the location of the jam and remove the paper. If you are having problems locating the paper jam, ask for the help of a supervisor. If the copier runs out of paper it is your responsibility to refill it. The paper for the copier is located on the first floor. If you need additional instructions feel free to ask. Any other problems such as, the copier being out of toner or offline, can be passed on the Amy Gmur or Amy Boemer (check the phone list). If neither of the Amys are available, contact the supervisor on duty. Most importantly, If the problem is beyond a quick fix, put up an out of order sign (located in the drawer to the left of the phone).


The Uniprint procedures are almost the same as the copier's. If paper runs out you can refill it. The paper for the Uniprint is behind the reference desk. For any other problems contact Amy Gmur or Amy Boemer. Once again, if you can reach one of the Amys, ask your supervisor.

If money is lost during printing, you can let them use a courtesy card. If it is a large amount of money, get their contact information and how much money lost and give the information to your supervisor.

Hopefully, this post has been a nice review of what to do when faced with an equipment problem. Remember, next time you have a problem with cash to card, copiers or uniprint and you are not sure what to do, check the blog and see if you can answer your questions here.



TrackBack URL for this entry:

Post a comment

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)