As most of you know, this weekend there was a problem with Magrath's main elevator -- for some reason it wasn't functioning properly, and it had to be closed off for the entire weekend. Thanks to Leonie for reporting this problem.
If you are ever working a solo shift -- evening, weekend, weekday when all full-time staff are gone -- and you have a similar non-emergency building problem, here is the call "chain of command":
- First, call University Facilities Management at 612-624-2900 (or 4-2900 from the Circulation phone).
- f no one answers, or if the response is unsatisfactory, next call Bernadette Corley Troge. Her home number -- which you should try first -- is 651-488-9820; her cell is 612-202-4681; and her pager is 612-640-1774.*
- After the problem has been resolved/a decision has been made as to how to proceed, please give Steve, Nick, Perry, and myself a quick notification via email regarding the problem and any decisions that have been made.
What sorts of problems will you need these numbers for?
- No electricity in the building
- Elevator issues (like we had this weekend!)
- Minor water leaks
If you have any questions at all regarding the emergency procedures for Magrath Library, please be sure to consult our Building Emergency Procedures binder (small white binder with green paper liners; located by the telephone and phone books).
As always, if you have any questions at this point in time, please be sure to ask Steve, Nick, Perry, or myself -- we're always happy to help!
* For instructions on contacting someone via pager, see http://how-to.ask.com/other/how_to_use_a_pager. Don't worry, I didn't know how to do this before looking it up, either!